“A Great Bar in the Big Apple”

Foley's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #894 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Saint Albans, Vermont
“A Great Bar in the Big Apple”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit to Foley's but it won't be my last. History and sports memorabilia fill this mid-town establishment. I didn't have any food so I can only comment on the beverages and service. Both are top shelf. Mike and Damion mix a nice cocktail and pour a fine beer from their ample selection. Now the kicker, well two kickers. First the urinals in the men's room are dated from 1820 and were rescued from the Waldorf Hotel, formerly across the street, before it was torn down to make room for the Empire State Bldg. So that is way cool. And the only souvenirs available are a three pack of Foley's monogrammed socks. A must have for the collector on your house. Great fun. Check this place out.

1 Thank Dcsouthwickjr

Dundee
“Excellent Bar, Food, Staff and Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Mrs B and I visited here a good few times during our recent trip to NYC. We had a great experience every time, the place is jammed full of sports memorabilia, every time had a great atmosphere and the staff were chatty, informative and welcoming. Food and drink were not too pricey for NYC. Great place to watch football (soccer) and quite a central easy to find location. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2013
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and hospitality”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the second year running we have visited Foley's as part of a visit to New York. The food and atmosphere are great. Its very close to the empire state building, so it's ideal after a visit. Portions are huge, so order less and order more if you are still hungry.

• Visited February 2013
Grenoble, France
“Great Sport Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This pub is well located in midtown. They have good beers, the burgers are good and the chicken wings excellent.
The service was quick and nice. The decoration is very nice, the place is crowded with baseball stuffs from all ages.

• Visited December 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Great food, great beer and baseball.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nestled on W 33rd St. my sons and I first wandered into Foley's after touring the Empire State Building in 2008. We loved it's baseball treasures as we were in New York to see the final seasons at Yankee Stadium and Shea. When my wife and I went back to New York this year I wanted to go back to see if it would be as good as I remembered it to be. Foley's more than lived up to expectations. The bartender took time to give us a number of reccomendations for our trip, it was like meeting with a concierge while enjoying a fresh pint of Guiness. She also introduced us to the owner Shaun Clancy and his father John, both were great, John was kind enough to help us with some theater tickets.
Along with the tourists Foley's has a sizeable local following so you get a feel for the city. As I mentioned, the beer is fresh, the food is great, the atmosphere is welcoming and the prices are very reasonable. Don't miss Foley's!

• Visited October 2012