“Get Down to Business Here!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wu Liang Ye
Ranked #3,162 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York
“Get Down to Business Here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

It's been a while since visiting here and I still enjoy this Restaraunt very much. Had the full bodied hot and sour soup, filet mignon and shrimp dishes. All quite tasty. Make a reservation for lunch or you will wait. Located just a few minutes from Times Sq. Look up to catch the sign!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
York, PA
“A very good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate here for dinner during a day trip into NYC. My uncle, who brought us, has eaten here many times before. Based on his recommendation, my boyfriend ordered salt and pepper prawns, which were excellent. I ordered the pan fried noodles with veggies, which was amazingly good.

All told, we had a very good meal with no food left on our plates at the end. The restaurant is cramped and the waiters were not overly friendly, but the taste of the food made up for it. We will return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kelee79
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

It was a disappointment because this is supposed to be a high-end Si-chuan restaurant which provide some authentic Chinese cuisine. However, for one of the most typical courses, "水煮鱼" a.k.a., "boiled fish fillets with hot chili" , it failed big time. it does not give a natural fish flavor in your mouth. After examine the fish fillet with my naked eyes, every fish slice was actually fried with oil first and turned into a brown and yellow color.. This is definitely not the cooking method supposed to be, at least from a native Chinese perspective. Also, the price of this course is $30, almost twice as much as the same one served in a New Jersey restaurant. I know dining is expensive in Manhattan. But for a sub-par Chinese cuisine, definitely not worth the money.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Apoloer
Rochester, New York
“Chinese with a side of "Who Cares"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you are looking for standard chinese food without any flair, visit this place. The staff must be playing cards or something in the back because the LAST thing they want to do is help you or make sure that your dining experience is a good one. I had water, I was never asked if I wanted anything to drink so I didn't order anything else. Not once did any server, host - anyone - smile, that I could see. The dining area was a little cramped so if you have claustrophobia, you should probably not stop in here.

The food came, it was good, but nothing spectacular. I order in the same fried rice from my local UES chinese place, identical, but about 4 Dollars Cheaper. If you look at the menu on the website, they show "Lunch Specials" - beware! That is ONLY FOR TAKEOUT customers.

When he brought the check, my friend and I put down our credit cards, the server snatched it up before we had a chance to let him know how we wanted it allocated, so he just assumed we wanted to split it. Thanks for thinking for us - NOT!

I do not think I will be returning any time soon - there are better and more pleasant Chinese places in NYC.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WineMeister
Connecticut
“Enjoyed Wu Liang Ye”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had a nice meal with appetizers and four shared entrees.The service was good and I liked the dining room (probably once the parlor of a private home.) It was pricey.

• Visited December 2013