“Chinese food worthy of its Zaget rating (23)”
Review of Wu Liang Ye

Wu Liang Ye
Ranked #2,846 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Service is efficient (fast but we got no smiles), but don't let that stop you from trying the food. Both our dishes were spectacular. We are actually raving about a rice dish, odd, its just rice, but we can't stop talking about the flavor. Our chicken dish was mouth watering. If we go back to NY, we will eat here again. It could be some of the best Chinese food you will ever have.

2  Thank DParris

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Very very rude service & average food. Never again. We ordered the chicken which was dry & chewy. The fish was average. Portions were large enough. But the staff was terrible. The beer was warm.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Chinese food is one of my favorite. I was brought to this restaurant by my American friend few years ago. He speaks Mandarin and seemed to know people there. I have not been to NYC for quite some time since then. Stayed in midtown so went for dinner there. The place was full on Thursday night. The food was very good, fresh and well cooked. But the service was discriminating and not pleasant. Different treatment of Chinese customers.

1  Thank Magus M
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Lets be truthful and honest here. I went here & got the worst meal and service ever in my life. -

Medium quality food & shameful appalling service...

Well lets face it anyone can make poison taste good. While I was eating I kept getting bone fragments cutting inside my mouth and sticking in my teeth. Hundreds of people all write the service is so appalling, shameful etc... Why would anyone want to go here

Treatment & Quality of food here for American & Chinese Customers are very Different ***Beware***

(When hundreds of people write reviews and say it sucks, its true. Dont waste your money here) There are several Excellent Sichuan Style Rest. in NYC.

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went there for dinner after reading some great reviews about the food and location. When we got there the dumplings and buns were bland and tasted like they came from a frozen packet.

Halfway through eating the main meal I thought I noticed a metal wire in my beef. I almost swallowed it. I informed the manager and he quickly took the meal away and then gave us the bill, minus the main dish before we could even say anything. It seemed like they quickly wanted us out of their restaurant, before we could complain about what happened.

No apology or explaination what so ever...

2  Thank eeveeQ