“Different treatment: food was good though”
Review of Wu Liang Ye

Wu Liang Ye
Ranked #3,139 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Different treatment: food was good though”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Chinese food is one of my favorite. I was brought to this restaurant by my American friend few years ago. He speaks Mandarin and seemed to know people there. I have not been to NYC for quite some time since then. Stayed in midtown so went for dinner there. The place was full on Thursday night. The food was very good, fresh and well cooked. But the service was discriminating and not pleasant. Different treatment of Chinese customers.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Magus M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fortsmith
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DESPICABLE SHAMEFUL SERVICE/BONE SHARDS IN FOOD !”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Lets be truthful and honest here. I went here & got the worst meal and service ever in my life. -

Medium quality food & shameful appalling service...

Well lets face it anyone can make poison taste good. While I was eating I kept getting bone fragments cutting inside my mouth and sticking in my teeth. Hundreds of people all write the service is so appalling, shameful etc... Why would anyone want to go here

Treatment & Quality of food here for American & Chinese Customers are very Different ***Beware***

(When hundreds of people write reviews and say it sucks, its true. Dont waste your money here) There are several Excellent Sichuan Style Rest. in NYC.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Joe P
Melbourne, Australia
“Go if you want to risk going to the hospital”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went there for dinner after reading some great reviews about the food and location. When we got there the dumplings and buns were bland and tasted like they came from a frozen packet.

Halfway through eating the main meal I thought I noticed a metal wire in my beef. I almost swallowed it. I informed the manager and he quickly took the meal away and then gave us the bill, minus the main dish before we could even say anything. It seemed like they quickly wanted us out of their restaurant, before we could complain about what happened.

No apology or explaination what so ever...

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank eeveeQ
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant and initial thoughts that it was very expensive. However, the quantity and quality was very good so it worked out reasonable. Waiters were really helpful and honest in how much food we ordered so we didn't over order. Food was really tasty and no signs of MSG!!! Recommended if you want good Chinese food! Would definitely go back.

New York City, New York
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went to WLY with friends from China. The decor is nicer than most, but still OK. Even I could agree with my Chinese fellow diners that the food is "OK." The location benefits from proximity to Rock Center and Theater District.

Visited December 2012