“Great Seafood and Service”
Review of BLT Fish - CLOSED

BLT Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,L to Union Square and the F to 14th Street, 1,9, to 16th Street and 2,3,A & C to 14th Street.
Description: At BLT Fish, located in an elegant townhouse in Manhattan's Flatiron district, savor all things seafood. The airy upstairs dining room, ornamented with walnut tables and suede walls, offers a host of line-caught fish from around the world like Chilean Wild Turbot and Florida Red Snapper. The sophisticated yet comfortable design of the third floor, accentuated by the retractable glass roof, features a large open kitchen allowing guests to catch a glimpse of our chefs doing what they do best - preparing sublime seafood.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

BLT Fish is one of the better seafood restaurants in NYC...and definitely one of the trendiest. The seafood-both raw bar and cooked is extremely fresh and well prepared. The service is highly professional and accomodating. We went to BLT Fish to celebrate my wife's birthday with friends and everything i had noted on the reservation was honored including a great table and a birthday dessert. The prices are definitely on the high side but the food is well worth it.

There are newer reviews for BLT Fish

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We travel to New York often and this has been consistently one of my favorites. We took a group of friends from out of town also this weekend upstairs at BLt. Had not been there in a while so always wary about quality etc. when we sat down they informed us it was a new celebrity chef and a new fall menu...so we became concerned. However the concept remained the same. They still have a Amuse bouche and the amazing cheddar biscuits to start. Almost entirely fish but they added one chicken and one steak dish to the menu. I am allergic to shellfish so I had the steak...it had unbelievable flavor (and I have had a lot of steaks In a lot of places). My husband shared the whole sea bass with our friend and they were amazed At the flavor and moistness. we all agreed the mashed potatoes were the best ever - how do they make something so ordinary so delicious. We ended with the chocolate dome. Do not hesitate to eat here. It's fabulous..

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our concierge at the hotel, thank you for doing so.
The food is so fresh and delicious!
Best: the service is amazing, we were waiting at the bar downstairs and the service was very good, once we moved upstairs, we had a gentleman serving us who had the most wicked sense of humour! We laughed a lot, and he knew his menu!
We had oysters (east coast), soft shell crab, whole snapper, salmon..... It was all so delicious. Amazing wine list for all tastes and wallets!
I cannot wait to go back, what a find! ( If you go upstairs it is a bit on the pricey side, expect a $100 and up per person) but it is worth it.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We sat at the bar downstairs to enjoy a more casual atmosphere and were not disappointed. One dozen West Coast oysters and a bucket of mussels. All very fresh. Fairly priced. Looking forward to going back to try different dishes.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Every once in awhile you visit a fine restaurant and the meal comes together in a way that makes it not only special, but really exceptional - that is what happened on my recent visit here. While this was my second visit, and I did enjoy my prior visit, there was nothing in my prior visit that led me to think that this next visit would scale the heights that it did

So what is it that made the meal so exceptional? Here are some of the things that stood out:

First, the service was exceptional - we ate upstairs (not in the shack on the first floor which also looks great) and fortunately arrived when it was not yet so busy - we had the attention of what seemed like all the staff and felt "waited" on

Next, the food was all either perfectly fresh (raw bar) or perfectly prepared - the chef was completely on their game in terms of the food pairings and seasonings - it was a pure delight to savor and enjoy the various dishes (and there were many!), and

Finally, it was all the little touches such as the recipe provided for the most incredible biscuits, the side sauces for the whole fishes we ordered, and the jar of green apple cotton candy delivered with dessert, which we could not finish, but were delighted to sample

So you might ask, what did we eat? Here it is by course:

Raw bar
A dozen mixed oysters (accompanied by some cold beer)

Homemade biscuits (yum!)

Appetizers
Tempura soft shell crab, hamachi and grilled octopus

Main course
The whole pink snapper and whole sea bass, fileted table side and served with chanterelle mushrooms and gnocchi

Dessert
Chocolate souffle and deconstructed key lime pie (my description)
(and some gratis cookies and the cotton candy)

As you might imagine, this was not cheap, and you might even say it was actually really expensive (and you might be right). But as I told my colleagues, it is not so much the cost, but how much did you enjoy the meal and was it memorable? In this case, we all enjoyed it and it was a truly memorable meal!

I hope you all have the same experience (or similar) as we did last evening