“Nice find in Times Square/Theater District”

Jack's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #740 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: Jacks is conveniently located on several subway lines. The closest subway stop is the Times Square Station on the 7, N, Q, R, S, W and the 1, 2, and 3 lines.
Description: American restaurant in the heart of Times Square and Fashion District, Jacks offers everything from tapas, brunch, daily specials and craft cocktails!
Reviewed July 16, 2013

There are many touristy and chain restaurants in the Times Square area which we have no interest in and found Jack's this past week. Looking for a spot to grab dinner before a show and we did not have high expectations and were pleasantly surprised.
There were three of us and we shared the Four Tapas offering.....food was really good, just enough for a pre theater meal and the service was also good. For us a find, a keeper, and an establishment I would highly recommend!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had Saturday lunch at Jack's. Although I've walked past it several times during the week, I never had an occasion to eat there. The food and service were surprisingly good. The service neither rushed us nor kept us waiting. The chicken pot pie was enormous and made with noticeably fresh ingredients. And the pickels were absolutely perfect -- about the best I've ever had! I will definitely go back when I'm in the neighborhood.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went for dinner on a June Sunday night. There was no one in the restaurant. We were a party of 6. The room was a little cold for our taste, so we asked to have the air conditioning turned down, which they did. It kept kicking in to circulate the air, so we alternated between muggy and cold and breezy.
The food was good. I enjoyed my chicken, although my friend told me that her shepherd's pie wasn't very good.
It would have been a so-so experience, except that the service was poor, which made it into a bad experience. Because we were a large group, the tip was included, which seemed to mean to our server that she didn't have to work very hard. Our glasses sat empty for long periods of time because no one came by to offer us more drinks. There was no one in the restaurant so we were confused where our server kept disappearing too. When we went to pay at the end of the night, we couldn't even find her. One of the other servers ran our bill for us.
I wouldn't go back here.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a nice meal at Jack's during our visit to NYC. It was recommended to us by the manager of another restaurant who had no place to seat us.

It was a great recommendation. We had a quiet table, good food, good wine, and a Yankees game going on the TV over the bar. The bill was reasonable for the amount of food we received. Service was consistent and not annoying solicitous. All in all---a great place to eat.

Once I arrived, I remembered that I'd eaten there before, many years ago. So that's two visits--both of which left me with good memories.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are looking for Tapas in NYC this is the place to go. We stayed in Times Square and were in the mood for Tapas with 5 people in the group. This was definitely the right choice. Great selection of Tapas, along with other menu items. Excellent service, clean restaurant, and the tapas was top notch. Everything we ordered was perfect. We will definitely be back.