“Relaxed and enjoyable lunch”

Jack's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #789 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: Jacks is conveniently located on several subway lines. The closest subway stop is the Times Square Station on the 7, N, Q, R, S, W and the 1, 2, and 3 lines.
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Relaxed and enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had Saturday lunch at Jack's. Although I've walked past it several times during the week, I never had an occasion to eat there. The food and service were surprisingly good. The service neither rushed us nor kept us waiting. The chicken pot pie was enormous and made with noticeably fresh ingredients. And the pickels were absolutely perfect -- about the best I've ever had! I will definitely go back when I'm in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Ontario
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went for dinner on a June Sunday night. There was no one in the restaurant. We were a party of 6. The room was a little cold for our taste, so we asked to have the air conditioning turned down, which they did. It kept kicking in to circulate the air, so we alternated between muggy and cold and breezy.
The food was good. I enjoyed my chicken, although my friend told me that her shepherd's pie wasn't very good.
It would have been a so-so experience, except that the service was poor, which made it into a bad experience. Because we were a large group, the tip was included, which seemed to mean to our server that she didn't have to work very hard. Our glasses sat empty for long periods of time because no one came by to offer us more drinks. There was no one in the restaurant so we were confused where our server kept disappearing too. When we went to pay at the end of the night, we couldn't even find her. One of the other servers ran our bill for us.
I wouldn't go back here.

• Visited June 2013
NC
“good meal in quiet space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a nice meal at Jack's during our visit to NYC. It was recommended to us by the manager of another restaurant who had no place to seat us.

It was a great recommendation. We had a quiet table, good food, good wine, and a Yankees game going on the TV over the bar. The bill was reasonable for the amount of food we received. Service was consistent and not annoying solicitous. All in all---a great place to eat.

Once I arrived, I remembered that I'd eaten there before, many years ago. So that's two visits--both of which left me with good memories.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are looking for Tapas in NYC this is the place to go. We stayed in Times Square and were in the mood for Tapas with 5 people in the group. This was definitely the right choice. Great selection of Tapas, along with other menu items. Excellent service, clean restaurant, and the tapas was top notch. Everything we ordered was perfect. We will definitely be back.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, GA
“AMAZING TAPAS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was just what we were looking for in NYC! A quaint, local restaurant with a fantastic menu of Tapas! Excellent food and a glass a wine to start our trip to NYC off with a bang! Highly recommend this for lunch or late dinner!

Visited May 2013