“Great for teens if you don't want to see a Broadway show ~ or have the $$ to !”
Review of National Comedy Theatre - CLOSED

National Comedy Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: The home of the nationally acclaimed National Comedy Theatre. Hilarious improv comedy that is performed every Friday and Saturday night. Appropriate for all audiences.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We do a NYC weekend with our kids every year since they were little ~ now 15 and 19 we just didn't feel like seeing a Broadway show...... saw the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought we would give this a try. Did NOT disappoint. We went to 9:30 show Saturday night after dinner ~ the comedians were perfectly 'in stride" ~ my opinion is they were all 'warmed up' fromthe 7 show. My kids loved it! hour and a half of clean comedy ~ very much like "who's line it is anyway" but the referee was funnier than Drew Carey (in MY opinion) ~ we laughed about things we heard / said all day on Sunday ~ it was great and for $15 a person $12 an student ` all four of us enjoyed the show for less than ONE broadway ticket would have been! give it a try!

2  Thank Betty N

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visit the NYC area few times a year to visit family and are always looking for new things to do. Discovered this while perusing trip advisor, and were not let down! Professionally done, very funny improv show that is fun for the entire family with no worries of blue material. Given how well done the entertainment is, I also thought this was a fantastic value for a NYC live show experience. Highly recommend, and not just for families. My wife and I would go back on our own!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Excellent entertainment for any age. Went with my wife & 14yo son & we laughed so hard we were almost crying. These people do an excellent job and worth seeing them whilst in NYC. We went to the 7:30pm show on the way back to our apartment & it was a full house - lucky we called ahead! Very vibrant, non-stop action and clean. Can't recommend this highly enough for a fun 90 minutes out with the family or friends.

1  Thank AustralianDuk
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went with my daughters, aged 18 and 23, and we had a FABULOUS time! We went to the earlier show, 7:30, and there was a decent-sized crowd - about 40 people. I like the premise, which is 2 improv teams battling each other, and the crowd votes by applause. It's a great show for any age. We chose it because of earlier reviews saying that it was kid friendly. Even though my girls are not "kids", we prefer entertainment that isn't vulgar or profanity-laced. This was the perfect choice! Funny, energetic, clean, great bargain, no drink minimum - what more could you ask for?

See more reviews
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went with another family and our 27 year-old cousin. Kids ranged in age from 10 to 14. Parents, cousin and kids all had laugh out loud fun. Its tough finding things in the city that can entertain tweens and teen-agers and keeps it clean. We had dinner and hit the 7:30 show. It was energetic and tons of laughs a good way to spend time and very, very affordable particularly for a large group. Theater is small and so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Seating is not assigned so get there early to sit as a group (we got there at 7:20 for the 7:30 show and were the line was about 5 people - so we had our choice of seats). We'd do it again.