“Average brunch”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We went for brunch on our first day in Manhattan because we were nearby and we almost liked it. Not the best Eggs Benedictine I have ever had but good. Service -sadly since there are a lot of waiters chatting-, not good, or nice.
But if you are in the neighbourhood, you can try, it's not expensive, at least.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have ate at several Moonstruck's around Manhattan. I enjoyed my first breakfast at Moonstruck in 2007. Since then I have frequented them for lunch and dinner. I would have to say I will no longer be frequenting them. Food is poor to average. Service - is good but they have some of the unhappiest workers around. Try another dining establishment among many on 3rd ave.

1  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We were in New York for 5 days and ate breakfast at this diner every morning except one (when we went to Katz's Deli) as it was only a few minutes walk from our hotel.

There is a great choice of breakfast specials - pancakes, waffles, eggs benedict, french toast etc - and the food was good and plentiful. The menu for the rest of the day is extensive.

The atmosphere is funky and relaxed and the service is prompt and pleasant enough if not over friendly.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from a visit to my hometown of NYC. We were staying in Manhattan and we both knew we wanted to find a good diner for breakfast. The day we arrived we scoped out the area and came across the Moonstruck Diner located at 244 Madison Ave. We were really happy with our selection. We shared an order of pancakes and challah french toast. They were both excellent. The prices were good and the decor is really nice. The service was o.k. nothing great but the hostess was not good at all. Did not say 2 words to us upon seating us or when we paid, but in the end that did not ruin our experience there. If you are in the area, give Moonstruck a try...

1  Thank love2traveltogether
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Moonstruck diner is one of the best diners I've eaten in. My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to stumble across it one morning as it was only one block away from our hotel.

It serves delicious and relatively cheap breakfasts and the same goes for their lunch and evening menu. The choice of food is extensive and no doubt you will change your mind about what you want over and over. At only $12, the eggs benedict with smoked salmon is highly recommended but be prepared to be full for the rest of the day, as the portions are generous.

With regard to the place itself, the decor is stylish and funky and the whole place has a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Just what you need first thing in the morning or any time of day for that matter.