“plain sailing!”

and up
New York City Hop-On Hop-Off Ferry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hop on the City Sightseeing Cruises exploring New York City and its famed waterways with ample outdoor decks and a climate-controlled interior for those cooler days. Get stunning views of the NYC skyline and the city’s most iconic landmarks! Sit back and relax while our knowledgeable tour guide describe the best of Big Apple history, culture and, of course, sightseeing! Get close up views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Brooklyn Bridge and much more! With 4 convenient hop-off stops along the way, you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to get out and explore some of New York City’s most unique neighborhoods up close. For a remarkable journey through NYC by land and sea, book your City Sightseeing tour today!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 17, 2013

great trip lots to see. great views of statue of liberty. great for familys and older couples! a really enjoyable day out for all!

1  Thank ippyEngland
citysightseeingny, Guest Relations Manager at City Sightseeing New York Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks! We appreciate and value your review about your sightseeing experiences.

All reviews
"different perspective"
in 5 reviews
"day pass"

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was a pre booked tour, as part of our Freestyle Gray line tickets.

It was a perfectly sunny day and ideal for a river cruise - Hmmmmm!

Well, that is what we expected - Not queuing in the sun for over 1 hour only to be told that the boat had broken down.
When it did arrive, they left us waiting while the crew then proceeded to wash it down.
The teenage girls "supposedly" looking after us didn't even arrange bottled water for us, nor was there any mention of a discount or reimbursement.

Absolutely terrible and a spoilt day.
Then the next 90 minutes was spent listening what sounded like a race course commentator rattling on through the tannoy, placed directly under our seats.
We spent most of the trip wishing we'd not even got on the boat.

1  Thank TestConsultant

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate you as a valued guest and have reviewed your comment with our managers. We sincerely regret that we didn't handle the matter better and have taken steps to ensure that such issues do not recur. We appreciate your feedback which helps us improve CitySightseeing New York. Feel free to contact us directly to discuss further.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

You can have great views of the Manhattan skyline, Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge. The guide shared historical notes. Lower deck was clean and sheltered from the cold. Upper deck re evealed 360 degree view. Transport on shuttle to and from midtown

citysightseeingny, Guest Relations Manager at City Sightseeing New York Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We’re very happy that you enjoyed the cruise and appreciate your patronage. Thanks for using City Sightseeing NY Cruises.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Be every careful with this company. I booked a cruise with this company 2 weeks ago. My first sign of trouble should have been when they answered the phone " reservations" and never stated the name of the company. Against my better judgement I proceeded with the reservation. The representative processed by order and said that I would receive a receipt through the email. She said that I would need this receipt when I showed up for the cruise. When I asked where the cruise departed from she had no idea and referred me to the website. After several hours I still did not receive a receipt. I called back and inquired about my reservation. They asked me " Do you know who you spoke to ?. Seriously , Does anyone know the name of the person who makes your reservation over the phone ?. After 15 minutes on hold the rep returned and said, We can't find a reservation for you. At this point I have no faith in this company at all ! The representative asked me to hold again while he looked. Finally the reservation was found. At this point I just wanted to cancel the whole thing. The rep told me that I could not cancel but that I could use my voucher for a later date. In the morning I called once again to attempt to cancel the trip. This time I spoke with a women named Alyssa who was the only helpful person so far. She said that I could cancel it but that she needed to speak with a supervisor. Unfortunately the supervisor was in a meeting and wouldn't be available for several hours. Alyssa did return my call in several hours and said that I would receive a refund. As of now I still haven't been refunded but she did say it would take several days. After this interaction I called my bank to monitor suspicious activity on my account because I wasn't entirely sure I was dealing with a legitimate company.

1  Thank mwarman704

There must have been some miscommunication and we apologize for the trouble you went through. Please feel free to connect with us to discuss further.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had this trip as part of our hop on hop off city bus pass. it was a good way to see the Statue of Liberty and surrounding sights by water. The only complaint is, we had to wait at battery park and when the Guide from the bus company came he hussled us all (80 plus people) very quickly several hundred metres (400mtres plus) to the ferry departure point. There were elderly people on the trip and they struggled to keep up as everyone was pushing and shoving to get there first. Not so impressed with the set up to get to the boat. The boat was packed to the rafters as well. it was very hard to get a seat and a good photo without getting anyone in it. It was very hard to here the comantary because of this.Shop around and see if you can find a smaller operator with less crowds. It was a bit like getting cows into a cattle yard.

1  Thank jason d

Please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles you encountered during the tours. We appreciate that you took your time to write a detailed review about the tour that was not up to your expectation. This feedback will help our managers provide better training so that such incidents do not recur. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are looking forward to hearing from you to discuss further.