“Friendly and informative guide”

City Sightseeing New York Cruises
$35.00*
Hop-On Hop-Off Ferry with Upgrade to One World Observatory and 911 Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hop on the City Sightseeing Cruises exploring New York City and its famed waterways with ample outdoor decks and a climate-controlled interior for those cooler days. Get stunning views of the NYC skyline and the city’s most iconic landmarks! Sit back and relax while our knowledgeable tour guide describe the best of Big Apple history, culture and, of course, sightseeing! Get close up views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Brooklyn Bridge and much more! With 4 convenient hop-off stops along the way, you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to get out and explore some of New York City’s most unique neighborhoods up close. For a remarkable journey through NYC by land and sea, book your City Sightseeing tour today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Liked: Spontaneous adlibbed script by the guide; ability to hop on and off; multiple picjk up points; air conditioning if your prefer to be indoors; bathrooms; allow you to stand oin areas where there is no seating so you can take photos; will linger a bit at the Statue of Liberty to allow passengers from all sides of the boat to take photos; free land shuttle from keys points in midtown.

Disliked: First come first serve to get on...if the cab is full then you don't get on and have to wait for about 45 minutes for the next taxi; You need to get there well in advance to improve your chances of getting a seat; runs only 9-6 and free land shuttle runs only 10-3:15.

There are newer reviews for City Sightseeing New York Cruises

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We purchased combination platinum tickets from one of the street vendors outside the Empire State Building for $39 per person. The receipt actually says "city Sightseeing Cruises" at the top. The ticket included the Cruise, entrance to, and head of the line at, the Empire State Building, and free access to their bus service. We took advantage of all three items over 2 days. We did the Empire State Building on July 4th, and the 90 minute mid-town cruise on July 5th. Although several of the other reviewers reported having a bad experience on the cruise, overall ours was excellent! We arrived for the 4PM cruise at about 3:15 (did have to stand out in the sun while waiting) and boarded at about 3:55. This cruise does NOT dock at the Statue of Liberty (or anywhere else), it travels at a respectable pace and provides a view of both sides of Manhattan Island. Our tour guide, Tony, was fantastic. He talked for about 85 of the 90 minutes and provided a wealth of information. The boat did get as close as it could to the Statue (see picture) without docking. They do sell beverages on board at the average "entertainment" price. As a side note, if you purchase this combo ticket, the Empire State Building actually has 2 lines. This combo platinum pass gets you past the first line (probably saved at least an hour or more) but you still have to go through the "picture" line (about 20-30 minutes).

2  Thank SDTrvlrs
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stay away!  This operation is now called City Sightseeing Cruises. These people took over this cruise, formerly operated by New York Waterways, and the new operators are clearly discourteous scam artists.  They sell tickets to people who are on line for the next sailing, and then when that boat leaves without you, they refuse to refund your ticket, even if you are not able to wait around for the next cruise.  When I asked to see the manager, first I was told he was "too busy" to speak to me (seriously?), and then when I finally got him to come out, he was not the least bit apologetic.  He also flat out refused to give me the name of his superiors.  With all the great things to do in New York, don't waste your time and money on these scammers.  Stick to the Circle Line or the cruises that leave from South Street Seaport, and stay away from this rip off.

2  Thank TravelerNJ201
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This cruise was very informative. the crowd went upstairs while my wife ,mother in law and I stayed on the lower deck, we still had great views and had a table to set our drinks on. the commentator was very informative and talked most of the 90 minutes without hardly a break. The view of the Statue of Liberty was great with a pause so everyone could get pictures.
Definatley worth doing.
Only drawback was that it was a long walk from the subway station.

1  Thank David W
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Cruise on its own was nice and I enjoyed it. However, the wait to get on the stupid boat was forever! I bought the tickets on goldstar for 4pm and arrived 20min early. We did not make the 4pm because it was over booked and had to wait in line until 5pm! When I complained to the ticket office they basically said in a nasty way, its first come first serve and if we didn't make it on the 5pm there were no more boats going out. So why did they make me book a time at all if that was the situation?! I felt like I had been tricked. If i knew that every cruise was over booked and i would have to wait over an hr to get on one I might have chosen another company. We were with out of town visitors and I was embarrassed to have that happen. Next time I'll pay the extra money for better customer treatment.