Mount Royal Hotel & Hostel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$152
$98
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$143
$132
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
$215
$173
$144
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$236
$80
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2006

Booked up this hotel before reading the reviews, and was quite worried about what we would find when we got there. But were quite surprised, the staff were friendly and helpful. OK so the room wasn't 5 stars but thats not we were after, just somewhere to sleep. Which is all we planned to do, after all who goes to a city like New York and spends all their time in their hotel room. The room was clean and had a mirror which some people moaned about the rooms not having. The bathroom was clean and was right next door to our room, which is closer than the one in my house. I don't know where the people who gave bad reviews stayed but it wasn't the same place we did. If you want somewhere cheap and just a place to sleep then this is the place for you.

1  Thank Ells4
Reviewed March 21, 2006

This place will haunt me forever! My room contained a prehistoric bunkbed which made more noise than the subway even when I moved my eyes. I've never seen anyone mop the floor then the bath without even cleaning the mop which was minging. The walls had been painted a thousand times and made the place look like it was made of wax that had melted and was an incredibly bad brown colour. Full of terror and horrific accomadation - unless you want to ruin your life do not stay here. Unfortunately I had to shower due to an 'accident' and was covered in a 'film' which is still on me several days later. I felt violated! Stay away and I suspect the place would fall down if not reinforced by the paint! ps no floor covering at all in my room which was nice.

3  Thank DarrenGriffiths
A TripAdvisor Member
Koekoekstraat 11 Melle Belgium
Reviewed March 20, 2006

We booked this hotel in december. I didn't read these reviews before booking. Afterwards I read all these bad reviews and I was sorry for booking such a place.
But... this isn't a bad hotel. You can not expect a 5 star luxury resort for this price. But I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and this one is really beautifull. Nice rooms, good bathroom, satellite tv,... Very friendly staff. I don't know why everybody says it is so bad, it totally isn't. I think other hotels pay to write bad reviews.
IT'S a really beautifull Hotel and I can recommend it to everyone.
So don't let the reviews stop you from going.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2006

I have no idea where the hotel got their pictures on their Web site because it was hardly what we thought we were getting ourslves into. It had a horrible smell, sheets were gross, no alarm clock, no phone, just a nightstand with a TV (no remote), no mirror, carpet was dirty, shared bathroom was nasty! Shower nozzles were coming out of the wall, the shower door didn't open or close all the way. I took a bunch of pictures. Take a look!

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank tsembrat
A TripAdvisor Member
Lancashire UK
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Arrived in middle of night so had to stay.

Room dirty, stained and used sheets, cold, really bad odour, broken lock on door, shared filthy toilet. Didnt even want to clean our teeth, had to get out a.s.a.p.

We were out at 7.30am to find somewhere else quickly.

Brochure says basic, but very overpriced for a hovel.

Keep away!