“Soup Nazi”

Ranked #1,524 of 15,914 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 23, 2014

What a great attraction for Seinfeld fans. The Seinfeld episode about the Soup Nazi must have been based on fact because the soup I bought there was the best I've ever had. I was there on a cold day at Christmas time which was really good soup eating weather. The layout is different to the one on Seinfeld. There's only a serving counter at the front. You can stand across the street and check out what's on offer before you approach the counter, but there's no need as the staff are much friendlier than the guy in the episode.

Date of visit: December 2013

Reviewed October 20, 2014

We had heard about it from friends so of course we had to try....
We really enjoyed everything we ordered.... Our favorite was the lobster roll... if you like seafood you have to try...."thumbs up"

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were super excited to eat here, but were very disappointed when we showed up..
"The Soup Man" was in a location shared with 2 other vendors - a Tim Hortons, and a yogurt place. The Soup Man takes up only about 1/3 of the place.There was none of the "Seinfeld" atmosphere at all...
The soup itself was okay but quite salty. I had a bowl of the lobster bisque, a slice of bread, and a chocolate for $9.
I wouldn't bother going here again - too much hype.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Finally ate here on the last day of our 6 days in the city. The soup was actually fantastic and you get a lindt chocolate. The price was $6 for a bowl and it really was the best soup I've had. Great place to go if you are a Seinfeld fan and just want a quick inexpensive meal. My wife got the lobster bisque and I got the chicken gumbo.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

True to the hype - this place offers great soups and sandwiches. If you ever come across this place, you have to try their menu. It won't disappoint.