“HUSH HIP-HOP TOUR THE TRUE HISTORY OF HIP-HOP!”
Review of Hush Hip Hop Tours

Brooklyn Hip-Hop Tour
Ranked #42 of 642 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Reviewed March 12, 2011

The best thing you can do if you are here in New York, Grandmaster Caz the legend and a GEM! J.D.L. his partner for life THE GENERAL! best tour guides folks this is no ordinary tour so get ready for THE TRUTH TO BE TOLD!!!!!!! about hip-hop the 4 elements and all, dress comfortable bring money for great soul food souveiners, you will not be bored check it out if ya love the music of true hip-hop, i live here and should have done this a long time ago my son enjoyed it too even though he is only 14 yrs & his friend 15yrs old enjoyed it, must do the Queens tour since I live in the borough!!!! Debra the co-founder of Hush Tours this is a beautiful thing girl LOVE IT!!!

1  Thank c2thehem

Reviewed March 6, 2011

Had a great day on this tour with Grandmaster Caz and JDL. Though we booked this tour for my daughter, we all loved this tour. The Grandmaster Casanova Fly was really engaging and entertaining. We toured areas of Harlem and The Bronx. It was very informative and i loved the 'MC'ing . Fab.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

While celebrating the 19th anniversary of my 21st birthday in NYC, I, my hubby and sisters went on the Birthplace of Hip Hop Tour and we loved it. JDL was our tour guide and he was awesome. We enjoyed knowing and seeing where hip hop got its start and learning some things about hip hop we didn't know about. We also got a lesson in breakin...... This was a fun interactive experience. Besides, what other bus tour can you meet legends.....So if you really are a true hip hop fan, you must take this tour.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

As a rare fan of hip hop in rural Norway in the eighties this was an experience of a life time! Although I am a teacher, that day I felt like a student having the best teacher in the world in JDL. I saw lots of sights I have only read about and that was huge! JDL was very personal and shared many fascinating stories from way back giving unique insight into how the times really were. To be in South Bronx, the home of hip hop felt unreal. It was great to meet a REAL rapper (he told us not to call them that, but MC's) that unlike today's, talked of more interesting things than ho's and guns. I have many more questions I would love to ask him, however, those I will save until the next time I will take the tour! Hopefully that will happen in the not too distant future! Can't wait! This is a must do in NYC for any TRUE hip hop fan!

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I took three girlfriends who were visiting on this trip. We know a fair amount about hip hop but found JDL (of Cold Crush Brothers) to be engaging and informative. I live in NYC but was very interested to see parts of the city that I might not otherwise have found (like the Graffiti Hall of Fame and the apartment building where the first "documented" hip hop party was held). Our favorite part was the short history lesson and demonstration of "breaking" (NOT "breakdancing" we were told) and the mini-breaking lesson by Mighty Mouse of Motion Sickness Cru. He was also fun and knowledgeable. We also really enjoyed the soul food buffet at Jason's in Harlem (cost not included in tour).

The bus was a bit run-down, but that seemed to fit with the theme.