“True NYC tour”

Harlem Hip-Hop Walking Tour
Ranked #42 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Hush Hip Hop tour was was/is probably the best thing i have done on any of my visits to NYC.My girlfriend and i last visited Jan '10 and booked the trip maybe like a month before.Didnt really know quite what to expect before i got there but we gave it a try.Now i consider myself to have a fair bit of knowledge of Hip Hop culture but having true 'LEGENDS' like the Caz and JDL giving there love and there stories of the history and sights you see really does make it special.To us going round those spots really was like you was there back in the day.Dont want to sound too cheesy but amazing tour that i will remember as it answered quite a lot of my questions visually.Will be back asap New York

Just like to say and massive thanks to Caz,JDL and Hush

Thanks

Andy and Julie

PS the Soul Food in Harlem was amazing also !!

Reviewed August 7, 2010

I wasn't sure what to expect, but this turned out to be one of the most fun things I've ever done. My girlfriend and I are still talking about it 2 weeks later and we'd recommend it to anyone who's visiing NYC.
You get to lear first hand from legends of hip hop how it all began, while listeing to cool tunes and seeing live displays of b-boy 'breakdancing' (you'll learn that breakdancing is not it's proper name!) visit the grafitti hall of fame and see quality street art and visit the actual, real birthplace of hip-hop, all in a comfortable bus with lots of stops and the chance to get some great Harlem food at the end.
Book it and enjoy!

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was dubious when a friend suggested we go on this tour. Looking out of the window of a minibus at fast food restaurants in the Bronx where Afrika Bamabaataa once ate a burger wasn't my idea of a good way to spend a few hours in New York. Fortunately, that isn't what this tour is about.

Our tour was hosted by Grandmaster Caz and long time friend and Cold Crush Brother collaborator JDL. It was more a performance than a guided tour. A demonstration of the art of story telling with New York and Hip Hop from back in the day as a soundtrack. We loved it. If you want a glimpse of life in New York when disco was dying and the block party was born, check out this trip and you'll be thoroughly entertained. Funny, heart wrenching, informative, you don't need to be a Hip Hop fan aficionado to enjoy it. I can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I used this tour as an opportunity to demonstrate to my 2 teen sons that there was more to Hip Hop than what they thought. We all had a great time and it was a great opportunity for me to relive some of my younger days and my own experiences with Hip Hop. Thanks for a great afternoon.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was taken on a private Hush Tour as part of my bachelorette celebrations and we had a wicked time! Deborah who runs it was such a cool lady and Grandmaster Caz who led the tour was a formidable host and hip hop guru. He showed us all the landmarks in Harlem and the Bronx, educated us on the beginnings of the music we all love but whose history we knew little about and then rapped for us as we cruised downtown to the second part which was a dance class. Amazing way to kick off a girls night out. HIGHLY recommended to anyone who loves music, NYC and having a good time.