“Hip Hop is a way of life...”
Review of Hush Hip Hop Tours

Harlem Hip-Hop Walking Tour
Ranked #42 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I remember the moment I fell in love with hip hop! Seriously, I do. I was 8 years old and it was summertime in Hartford, CT. I was at my older, cool sister's house and laying on her papasan chair (true sign of the 70s) and Rapper's Delight came on. We all stopped. We had never heard anything like it before and had no clue how it would become the soundtrack to our lives! My teenage years were spent listening to Run DMC, Eric B. & Rakim, Kurtis Blow, Dougie Fresh, Salt & Pepa, Whodini...the list goes on. I love hip hop, hands down. So now I'm early 40ish and I still love hip hop, some new, but truly old school is where my heart is. My 9 year old son has an appreciation for hip hop and I couldn't be happier. I heard of this tour through a friend and knew it was a MUST for my hip hop centric family! Our tour guide was Grandmaster Caz. You know how they say, live your passion. Welp, yea, Caz is doing just that. His love for the hip hop shines through every word. I 'thought' I knew a lot about Hip Hop, but I learned so much more in four hours! My son loved dressing up hip hop style, breaking at 106 & Park and becoming a 'b-boy' for a day! Our driver, Caz and his assistant kept us safe, informed and treated us so well. I loved the music and rapped along with every song! It's truly more of a party bus than a boorringg tour bus! My family and I even got in on the cipher and dropped a little of Whodini's Friends! Fun, fun! Hey, why not?! Lunch was organized and pretty tasty. The only suggestion I have is that on the ride back to Midtown, I was really hoping there'd be more time for a little Q & A. I didn't know the tour was almost over and had a few questions for Caz that didn't seem right - timing wise once he turned on the video. We can't wait to get back and do another one of your tours! From a girl who has hip hop in her heart from way back, this tour was for ME! Thank you!

HushHipHopTours, Director of Sales at Hush Hip Hop Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Gillian J,

What a great review! Clearly Hip-Hop has been influential in shaping the lives of yourself and many of your closest friends and relatives. That is a major reason for the creation of Hush Tours, to celebrate and relive those moments that will never be forgotten, and hopefully allow you to share them with the youth like your 9 year old son.

We also do appreciate all of the feedback and will hopefully allow more Q&A on future tours. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Grand Master Caz did a great tour with The Harford Community College April 12,2014. We had so much fun and seen so many legend spots in New York. I personally plan on coming back to bring my family and tour with Caz. If you like hip-hop from back in the day , then this tour is for you make you go back to the them house party lol

TaraSheppard2014,

Glad to hear that you and Harford CC group enjoyed the Hush experience. Be sure to invite us to that old school House Party and we'll drive out to MD!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

OMG! Grand Master Caz is the perfect guide to make you discovering this wonderful culture which is Hip-Hop! I had a great day and the ambiance was very nice, I highly recommend to be part of this adventure :)

Daisy D,

Thank you for such a kind review! Caz and our other guides really are the perfect teachers because that wrote the book that is Hip-Hop history. Glad you were able to see it firsthand!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is hands down one of the best tour I've ever been on in my life. Grandmaster Caz was an amazing tour guide and kept things live the whole time. There were many great stops of legendary spots and landmarks on the tour. If you have any sort of interest in hip-hop culture this tour is a MUST! I would highly recommend this your over other tourist attractions in NYC. An overall amazing experience that was also very reasonably priced.

Maciej M,

Thanks for such a great review! Sounds like you were able to fully enjoy all of the landmarks and soak up some Hip-Hop knowledge in the meantime. Mission accomplished.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We where five friends who signed up for this tour, not exactly knowing what we signed up for. After a few minutes listening to our guide, Grandmaster Caz, we realized that this was going to be four fab hours. Grandmaster Caz is a true entertainer, both verbally on a tour like this and as a writer. We had a wonderful time and the tour was one of the highlights of our trip to NY.

Lars S,

Amazing review! One of the best parts of our Hush experiences is that even if you don't know what's in store, it will surely be an adventurous 4 hour ride. So thrilled you and your group had such a great time.