“Informative & entertaining”

Brooklyn Hip-Hop Tour
Ranked #49 of 621 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Scottsdale, AZ
“Informative & entertaining”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I took my 26 yr old son who is a choreographer/dancer & his girlfriend on this tour. The places were interesting, the guide was knowledgable and entertaining & the lenght was just right, apporximately 4 hours. The only negative thing, they never told us we'd be dropped off at a different location than from where they picked us up from.

Visited November 2012

• Greek first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience of New York”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Lovers of music, lovers of NY, multiple generations group, this tour is just amazing!
We learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and saw wonderful views of NY like we never saw before.
Very well organized, fantastic guide and driver! We had a blast!

Visited November 2012
HushHipHopTours, Manager at Hush Hip Hop Tours, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review - our main goal is to always show sights the other companies ignore; mission accomplished.
“So awesome!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

As a hip hop fan I knew that doing a tour in the city that birthed this culture was a must and I'm so glad I discover Hush Tours while researching. The tour was so full of information and Grandmaster Caz was entertaining and exciting to be around. We saw so much stuff and got a real feel for the other parts of New York most tourists wouldn't bother to explore. Anytime I travel back to New York I plan on experiencing the other tours they have to offer. 4 hours felt way too short and I wish I could have spent all day with them! It's great value, the tour started on time, everyone is nice and the place they take you for lunch is awesome! Can't say enough good things! Must do!

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"New to hip hop"”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I came on this tour with a friend, she is a huge fan. I was so happy that this tour is for everyone!!! If you are not up to date on your hip hop history fear not. Everyone was very friendly and informative. I had a blast!! Probably one of my highlights on this trip. Thx hush tours:)

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Hurricane sandy ruined our tour”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our tour was booked for 31/10/12 then moved to 01/11/12 due to hurricance. On the 1st we arrived at meeting point with many others, shortly afterward and after a very long journey bothe Grandmaster Caz and Hush tours (owner i believe) arrived with bad news, due to the fuel crisis following Sandy they were unable to run the tour.

Now you may wonder why i rate as excellent.... i'll tell you. Although we had no tour whatsoever,Grandmaster caz and hush tours were very helpful in offering us all refunds or rearranging tours. Grandmaster Caz was a gent he posed fro photos with everybody who was there and was answering questions and generally chatting. In the brief time i met the man, i can quite well imagine the tour would have been brilliant, even after apparently walking from Brooklyn (a good hour or two) he was full of smiles and apologies.

I would definitely book this if i go again.

Visited October 2012
HushHipHopTours, Owner at Hush Hip Hop Tours, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Greatly appreciate your understanding and look forward to hosting you upon your return to NYC!