“Really nice tour if you r interested in hip hop”
Review of Hush Hip Hop Tours

Harlem Hip-Hop Walking Tour
Ranked #42 of 633 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A went for this tout in October 2012, at the beginning I was I little bit concerned about this tour, but it had quite high ranking on tripadvisor and I decided to to take it. Tour has a really comfortable bus which takes you around Harlem and Bronx, it makes several stops at some memorial hip hop places. Grandmastercaz is a really nice speaker and provides the excursion weary well. Recommend !!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

First off, let me express my deep gratitude to Grandmaster Caz for taking the time to share his experiences and insight. His knowledge, wit, and great personality made the entire tour a 100% success. If you just stumbled upon hip-hop yesterday or have been a fan for 25 years like me, this tour has something for you. The depth of hip-hop culture (MC'ing, DJ, Grafiti art, and Breaking) needs a guide like Caz who has been there from the beginning and helped create the culture itself. Truly something out of nothing! The tour stopped at several locations in Manhattan and the Bronx that are integral to hip hop culture and history. Caz took the time to make sure everyone understood the significance of these stops. The tour was very interactive. Lot's of chances to ask and answer questions, do some call and response to Caz's amazing MC'ing, and even try to do a bit of breaking. The frosting on the cake was lunch at Jacob's Soul Food restaurant - the food was out of this world! Bottom line - this tour was a fantastic experience, and if you have a chance, GO! What are you waiting for? GO NOW!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our celebrity guide was Grandmaster Caz.

He picked us up in Manhatten und we went by bus through Harlem to the Bronx. Caz told a lot of storys from the beginning of Hip Hop Culture - explained us the basics und we got some experiences out of the bus - for example B-Boying with a friend of him. All in all you could learn a lot if you interestet in the beginnings of Hip Hop - even the big fans got something new..

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The tour was entertaining, educational, and memorable. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone that is interested in old school hip hop.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

6 months ago I went on the bus tour or Harlem and the Bronx with JDL and Grandmaster Caz from the Cold Crush Brothers and it was excellent.
This time in New York I booked the walking tour of Harlem to help with my jetlag. The tour starts at the Museum of New York which a great little place and the video of New York's history was great. Reggie Reg from the Magnificent 7 was a great tour guide and we took in all the highlights of Harlem. Happily we got a magnificent sunny day of 21c and it was well worth it.

Next time I am in New York I plan to do another Hush Tour, hopefully to Queens.