“Fantastic tour! Blown away!”
Review of Hush Hip Hop Tours

Brooklyn Hip-Hop Tour
Ranked #49 of 621 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fantastic tour! Blown away!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

First off, let me express my deep gratitude to Grandmaster Caz for taking the time to share his experiences and insight. His knowledge, wit, and great personality made the entire tour a 100% success. If you just stumbled upon hip-hop yesterday or have been a fan for 25 years like me, this tour has something for you. The depth of hip-hop culture (MC'ing, DJ, Grafiti art, and Breaking) needs a guide like Caz who has been there from the beginning and helped create the culture itself. Truly something out of nothing! The tour stopped at several locations in Manhattan and the Bronx that are integral to hip hop culture and history. Caz took the time to make sure everyone understood the significance of these stops. The tour was very interactive. Lot's of chances to ask and answer questions, do some call and response to Caz's amazing MC'ing, and even try to do a bit of breaking. The frosting on the cake was lunch at Jacob's Soul Food restaurant - the food was out of this world! Bottom line - this tour was a fantastic experience, and if you have a chance, GO! What are you waiting for? GO NOW!

• Greek first
New York
“Birthplace of Hip Hop - impressions..”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our celebrity guide was Grandmaster Caz.

He picked us up in Manhatten und we went by bus through Harlem to the Bronx. Caz told a lot of storys from the beginning of Hip Hop Culture - explained us the basics und we got some experiences out of the bus - for example B-Boying with a friend of him. All in all you could learn a lot if you interestet in the beginnings of Hip Hop - even the big fans got something new..

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The tour was entertaining, educational, and memorable. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone that is interested in old school hip hop.

Visited August 2012
Alicante, Spain
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“My 2nd Hush Tour, a great way to see Harlem”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

6 months ago I went on the bus tour or Harlem and the Bronx with JDL and Grandmaster Caz from the Cold Crush Brothers and it was excellent.
This time in New York I booked the walking tour of Harlem to help with my jetlag. The tour starts at the Museum of New York which a great little place and the video of New York's history was great. Reggie Reg from the Magnificent 7 was a great tour guide and we took in all the highlights of Harlem. Happily we got a magnificent sunny day of 21c and it was well worth it.

Next time I am in New York I plan to do another Hush Tour, hopefully to Queens.

London
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Good fun, a great way to see areas outside of Manhattan and learn about the origins of Hip-Hop”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hush Tours was recommended to us by a friend and we choose the 'Birthplace of Hip Hop' Tour which took in Harlem & The Bronx. The tour guide (Grandmaster Caz) was really good fun and clearly passionate about his art. The tour itself was informative without overloading you with info and gave you a good general feel for the importance of Harlem & Bronx in the birth and development of Hip Hop culture.

It was a great way for us to venture into Boroughs we probably wouldn't have gone to on our own so a good way to see another side to NYC. Harlem & The Bronx were both good areas to visit (ignore all the scaremongering associated with these places!) and I am glad I did this tour. I would definitely do another Hush Tours when I am in NY again and choose one of the ones that features on a specific area so that I could learn more detail. As a first introduction, this was a great tour - we got to know a little about the core elements of the genre and we even got to have a go at B-Boying!

The tour is not cheap, $75, but it's four hours long and I can't imagine you can do as much, learn as much and see as much in four hours in NYC for that money so I would definitely recommend it.

Visited September 2012