“Music lovers must do NY tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hush Hip Hop Tours

New York Hip-Hop Tour
Ranked #43 of 598 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There is nowhere else you can rub shoulders with and listen to real insider stories from hip hop heavyweights and living legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim of the Furious Five and Reggie Reg. …and what other experience gives you access to the secret sites that have played a critical role in shaping the hip hop culture? So, roll out with us. Other tour companies only show you the typical tourist-y spots and blindly pass over the rich, vibrant landmarks that give NYC its character. Our hip-hop tours are the best way for art and music lovers to visit sites you probably would have never visited on your own and experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with our crew and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we have been the leader in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Alicante, Spain
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Music lovers must do NY tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Caz and JDL are supreme show man and gave a professional and enjoyable tour of the the Bronx and Harlem. The entire trip was excellent and great fun and I can't wait to do it again next time I am back in NY.

1 Thank Michael M

• Greek first
San Francisco, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“GREAT tour for anyone- not just hip hop lovers!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was one of the most amazing, fun and unique tours I have ever been on! I took my 12 year old som but I LOVED it!!!! GMCaz and JDL provided education, entertainment, laughs and, of course, hip hop to our extremely diverse group of 16 from all over the world. Can't recommend highly enough! Put this at the top of your list!!!!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Queens hiphop tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is an amazing tour! Wow, it made such an impression and we came a lot closer to hiphop as it truly is, we believe.
And check out the documentary by Dutch film maker Bram van Splunteren too: called ''Big fun in the big town''.
Lots of Hush tours' JDL's friends are in it, I am sure.
Thanks again Hush tours, we will recommend you in Holland!

Visited October 2011
Carteret, New Jersey, United States
“A Great LESSON in pure Hip Hop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you are a fan, supporter, or enthusiast of the culture called Hip Hop... this tour is for you. If you are new to Hip Hop and want to get the ultimate crash course... this tour is for you.

It was a dope dope experience. I was lucky enough to have the Legendary JDL from the Legendary Cold Crush Brothers as my tour guide. Who better to explain Hip Hop than someone who LIVED it from the beginning!! He was extremely knowledgable and easy to talk to. We drove around BK and Queens and simply talked about Hip Hop.

Visited September 2011
HushHipHopTours, Owner at Hush Hip Hop Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful remarks. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your tour. As resident of the Tri-State area we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Basel, Switzerland
“One of a kind...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I made the Brooklyn Tour with my girlfriend who was a NY-First.
JDL who hosted the tour was great...his knowledge is beyond and
with all the background-info's he gave this tour was even more than
just a typical sightseeing-tour.

You will go to places you probably wont see or go to when visiting New York
and while eating your cheescake or posing in front of Biggies former house, JDL
is always giving you information based on the location you're currently at.

I will definitley suggest this tour to Hip-Hop and non-Hip-Hop lovers as you are
getting a nice view on another New York you probably wont see!

My personal highlight was the 5Pointz....man....this is nutz...I have never seen
something like that! Especially when you see a B-Boy makin moves
in front of hundreds of grafities!

DO MAKE THIS TOUR....YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!

We will for sure make another tour when we are back in the big apple!

Thank you JDL and Hush Tours for this one of a kind experience!

Peace