“Terrific experience and top notch steaks!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Palm - NYC One - CLOSED

The Palm - NYC One
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 44th & 45th
The Woodlands, Texas
“Terrific experience and top notch steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Met a friend in NYC for a girls weekend, and, being a card-carrying "member" I had to put the original Palm on our itinerary. I'm so glad I did. Having been to several Palms across the country (all of them fantastic,) I have to say that this experience was truly special - of course, being in the city between Thanksgiving and Christmas is magical in itself, but dining at an iconic restaurant so steeped with New York history (one of many in NYC, of course) only added to the awesome evening.

Yes the steaks are very generous, the bone-in ribeyes gloriously marbled, and both were prepared and seasoned beautifully. But the sides were definitely not afterthoughts and were not the least bit upstaged. On their own, the 3-cheese potatoes could have made a divine main course, and the wild mushrooms were tender and buttery. We did not save room for dessert, but our waiter coaxed us into taking a "bag of donuts" with us to go, and we happily munched on them later at the hotel. They, too, were delicious.

Dinner here is a must for those looking to take in an amazing dinner while experiencing a bit of 1920's nostalgia.

• Visited December 2012

Hollywood, Florida
“What a steak!!!! The best.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We looked for the best steak house in NYC and this one came up on the web, it was in our opinion one of the best steaks we ever tasted.
The waiter had worked there 20 Years was wonderful the decor was interesting old hand drawn cartoony figures.
The sides were huge, overall we felt it was a fair price for our meal. Will go back very time. Are in the city.

• Visited November 2012
ft lauderdale fl
“It was no thanksgiving dinner.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Thx giving day along with 5 others we went to this restaurnat. I ordered the prefix turkey dinner. IT WAS NO TURKEY. The main entree was dry, tasteless, sliced pressed turkey on top of sage soaked spongy bread cubes with hidden gravy. This was the first meal I have ever had where the gravy was nano portion. The so called whipped potato was nothing more than tasteless potato flakes. The tepid squash soup tasted good but served with an ice cold bread bun. The first turkey and 1 prime rib dinner were returned to the kitchen by a clueless manager. The second plates were no better. Pecan pie was good. I had hot tea and they could not get the water and tea bag out at the same time. 3 pots of water for 1 bag.

The dining room was dark, drab with noise. This was far from standard dining alone anything along the lines of fine or luxury dining.

The service at best was sloppy to non existent. The waiter disappeared. He would just laugh and play the routine of speak no English when making complaints or making a request. The manager acted dumbfound.

If this restaurant was going to serve pressed turkey or not the real stuff, & potato flakes then it should have been printed on the menu so I would know exactly what I was purchasing. The restaurant presented something they had no intentions of delivering. It was a rip off at the least. I would have had a better meal eating off of one of the street cockroach wagons. At least there would have been some flavor and gravy/sauce. They did not charge for the meal. Nevertheless I was denied the opportunity of having a good holiday meal and a good time.

This is a dining experience I will not forget but wish I could. According to the Palm philosophy they serve good food and treat guests like family. Apparently we were the "black sheep" part of the family as the food and service was dreadful and appalling. I will not recommend this Palm. I will be hesitant to eat at any of the other Palm locations in the US. Too many restaurants to choose from. Do not like getting ripped off.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank joalder
“Like going back in time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The best place for lobster anywhere !
Steaks are great as well !
In fact every dish is worth the trip
The sides are worth packaging and retailing around the world

andover
“Rude behaviour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Although the food was OK it was not great for the price. My Wife's steak which was well done as requested, but very dry. The same steak the night before in a steak restaurant was cooked the same but was moist and not dry, this is how a steak should be cooked. Although we left a modest tip the waiter returned the Bill to my wife asking if their was a problem to which she replied NO, he then requested that we increased the tip if their was not a problem with the service. I don't care about custom's or rules the fact of the matter is that we were not looked after and made to feel special, which in our opinion is what a tip is for. We left the restaurant disappointed at the experience and would not return based on this experience, their are far better restaurant's lesser known, of higher quality.

• Visited October 2012