“It's a bucket list event”

Saturday Night Live
More attraction details
Owner description: Sketch comedy and variety show that has launched numerous hollywood stars from Eddie Murphy to Mike Meyers.
Houston, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“It's a bucket list event”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

If you have been watching SNL like me since it first episode, going to the live show is a once in a lifetime event. It took an extraordinarily large bid at my daughter's high school gala to get two tickets, it was clearly worth it. I have tried the lottery as well as ticket brokers over the years and IF they can get tickets, the cost is very high.

I got to see John Goodman and Kings of Leon on December 14, 2013. We also got to see Stallone and DeNiro as part of the 3 Wiseguys skit.

Being in the studio is great and learning how the process goes was too much fun. On the audience were other interesting people like 1 Victoria Secret models, politicians, fashion designers and others.

Since we only had two tickets, my daughter and I got to see the show, my wife got into the writers room and had her own adventure.

If you are as big a fan as I am, find a way to get in as this is clearly a bucket list event.

Visited December 2013

Brampton, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“We didn't get in”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It really is hard to get into SNL - and the morning line for stand by tickets is VERY random... they clear it so if you show up at 5am, someone comes by to hand out tickets and then clear you off, so if you show up later and don't see a big line, it could be misleading. We tried for dress rehearsal and a lot of people were let in, but there were some that crossed security and were turned away. Try another show would be my suggestion.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank MrsSTVO
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Didn't make it, but no regrets!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stood in line at 7 am for standby tickets knowing full well that my chances of entry later that night weren't very good.
I planned to be at the Rockefeller Centre early, but had subway issues on the way and ended up being a little late...oh foreshadowing.
There were people who had been sleeping in line since Thursday night, and almost everyone in line before me got in that night.
I showed up for the live taping and made it through security, only to wait at the bottom of the elevators and see all the celebs pass me from the VIP lounge.
Sadly, I was told there were no more seats left and that we had to go.
It was still a pretty exciting experience, I would try it again next time and show up for tickets probably around 5 a.m.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank ChivyR
Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“SNL was great!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

What a neat experience! The venue at 30 Rock is much smaller than I expected, so it is no surprise that it was a hard ticket to get.

It was the best theater experience that I have had in NYC!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank 1foodude
Columbia, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“went by for a standby and it's not going to happen”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I got the feeling that standing in line for a standby ticket is a waste of time. Once you get your ticket you have to come back at 7 or 10 to see if there are seats available. So my thought is unless you have a lot of time to spare or live there it is not worth the effort. The people that worked for NBC giving out the tix and manning the line were really nice.

Visited March 2012