“BEST PLACE IN NYC!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terra Blues

Terra Blues
Ranked #8 of 859 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Blues Bar & Music Venue HOURS: Sunday-Thursday 6:30pm-2:30am, Friday 6:30pm-3:30am, Saturday 6:00pm-3:30am DIRECTIONS: 6 to Bleecker Street, ACE BDFM to West 4th Street
New York City, New York
“BEST PLACE IN NYC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been to this club countless times and have never been disappointed. the staff has always been friendly and attentive.
Call for reservations for a larger group, especially on Saturday nights if you would like to be seated. The live music is amazing,
My review of my visit last night -
was seated promptly and drink order was taken immediately.
The band was great !!!

In my opinion, the only improvements needed would be a bigger place!
Love this place and will continue to go there for years to come, as well as bring out of towners there.
Great place to get together with friends, and to go out with colleagues etc.
PEACE

Visited August 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Surprising for Bleecker Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

In an area that is predominantly soiled by purple and white NYU insignia, Terra Blues offers a haven for adults & adult-types, who just want to hear good live music and imbibe a properly-made cocktail.

The downside: They do not hold tables past 9 PM ... after 9 PM all seating is first come, first served.

Oh well.

Visited August 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Musician was awesome, bar not so much.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The door staff and a man who appeared to be the manager were not welcoming on our arrival and while I enjoyed the music here I didn't leave feeling like I'd had a good night here. The show was about 2 hours and they don't serve any sort of food (not even peanuts) which I found incredibly bizarre.
I don't think I'd go back here again.

Melbourne, Australia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“It's good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We came very late in the night so only heard a few songs. Staff seemed friendly...nice little bar. What we heard of the band was good. They come around with a bucket for you to tip the band at the end of the night.

Miami, Florida
“Real blues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Reservations accepted but tables only held until 9:00 pm. We arrived a few minutes after 9:00, having called first to explain that we would be late, and they had held our table for us even though the place was filling up rapidly. By the time the last set started (shortly after 10:15) the place was packed. Enough has been written about the physical layout of the club itself, so I won't repeat the descriptions except to say that it was appropriately sized, dark and somewhat cramped, as befits a real blues club.

No food served at this venue, but the drinks were amply sized and the service was friendly and attentive.

On this night we caught Michael Powers and his power blues trio. These are real bluesmen, no pretense at being anything else. We enjoyed the set tremendously.

$10 cover charge with a two-drink minimum. Our drinks (Manhattan and a brandy-based concoction known as a snow top) were $12 apiece.