“Surprisingly Excellent”

New York City Ballet (NYCB)
Ranked #110 of 1,103 things to do in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Excellent”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I'm not a ballet fan, but I decided to take my girlfriend for Valentines Day to see Coppelia. I thought it was going to be really boring, but I was pretty wrong. It was definitely fun and a great show. I can definitely appreciate all the hard work they put into it. I definitely will not hestitate to get tickets again!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 839DaveN

• Korean first
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“mesmerising”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

what a fabulous evening this was the venue is amazing and the dancers were a dream. jewels was outstanding and union jack was fabulous. would definitely recommend a trip to the ballet while in New York.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lottie S
Jersey City, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Must See”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been going to NYCB several times a year for 30 years. Yes it is expensive. But anyone who loves or even likes ballet must see this company, founded by Balanchine. It is one of the best in the world...one of the best companies ever. If you're not sure you like ballet or if you've never been, give it a try. It is much more accessible than you might think, you don't have to get dressed up, and you may find that you're a ballet lover!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Eliza C
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The Jewel Box”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

One of the top 3 world's Ballet Ensambles! You like ballet? Don't miss it! It's made like those jewel boxes with ballerina that's dancing just 1000000x bigger. And the performances...the ballerinas take your breath away. It's nice to see that Balanchine's choreographys are still living through the years. You can get cheap tickets, even though they won't be with the best view. But, if you're a student and you have an ISIC, you can buy tickets 2 hours before the performance for just $20, and you'll have some of the best central seats with amazing view!

Visited September 2013
Knoxville
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“The Nutcracker”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to NYC & at Christmas time so I had to see the nutcracker. It was truly beautiful, I felt like I was in a snow globe at one point during the show. My husband did get a little sleepy after the intermission and into the second half but we did have comfy seats and the music was so calming... I really couldn't blame him (we had worn ourselves out all week walking, lol)

Visited December 2013