“Saturday at the Ballet with George -- Phenomenal”

New York City Ballet (NYCB)
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$70.37*
and up
New York City Ballet Tickets
Ranked #121 of 1,117 things to do in New York City
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I saw the 3rd annual tribute to George Ballanchine on January 19th, and it was nothing short of phenomenal.

The company is technically impressive, with some of the ballerinas exceptionally effortless and posied. We saw renditions of Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, amongst others.

There was a special feature afterwards with some of the ballerinas staying to disucss their personal feelings on being a ballerina and Mr. Ballanchine, then performing a brief dance.

While it was just me and my wife that day, we envision returning with our children once they are old enough to experience the beauty of the NYC Ballet together.

2  Thank Ironhorse70
There are newer reviews for New York City Ballet (NYCB)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a beautiful Saturday afternoon at the NYC Ballet watching 4 excerpts from Balanchine ballets with music by Tchaikovsky. What a combination! The acoustics were great in the beautifully decorated Koch Theater, and the seats we had (Tier 1, front row) were amazing. We were able to purchase the tickets on line the night prior to the event and picked them up at the theater. Parking was convenient to Lincoln Center.

Great dancing, great choreography, great music, great venue...

2  Thank CRSabol
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This company features the extraordinary legacy of George Balanchine and Jerome Robbins, in a beautiful theater at Lincoln Center. New pricing puts some seats at $29, although you'll be on the sides, but still acceptable.

2  Thank California26
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It is nothing short of what is expected. The ballet, the Lincoln center ..in New York. World Class symphonies, OMG - just a magical evening all round.

1  Thank Jasmine B
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have seen a number of versions of the Nutcracker and had heard very good reviews about Balanchine's NY production so went with very high expectations. The Lincoln centre is beautiful and I was very impressed with the theatre, the seats and generally the beautiful surroundings. The ballet production was very attractive, the costumes were gorgeous and there were some very pretty touches but overall something was lacking. The first half had very little dancing at all and I was wondering whether we were going to see any dancing. The second half was much better and there was some lovely pieces but it felt a bit disjointed and did not flow that well. Felt like it was aimed mostly at children. Overall I did really enjoy it and I have no regrets in going but it felt like it fell a bit short of expectations.