“Poor show Godfrey”

and up
Private Greenwich Village Tour
Ranked #4 of 151 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Greenwich Village comedy club.
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

An EXCELLENT night of comedy on Christmas eve 10pm show, totally ruined by the last act, Godfrey, picking on a punter, abusing them and getting them removed. Geoffrey should have been removed not the punter. Comedy Cellar ask for feedback after you've been and they've had mine directly, no response so far. Go here for great comedy but avoid nights with Godfrey and if you have the misfortune, keep your mouth shut.

2  Thank welovegoodservice

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here on New Years night and all 5 acts (compere too) were really funny. Small venue with a great atmosphere (which I love) would go back every time.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are big fans of us comedy so had made reservations for the comedy cellar. This is a great intimate venue. Our seats were right by the stage, which of course meant we got targeted by the comedians but we loved it! The service was also excellent, our waitress looked after us very well even though the room was so crowded. Aziz Ansari made a surprise appearance and was hilarious. This is a must do for any future trips we have back to NYC!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been to the Comedy Cellar on a number of occasions, none of which have disappointed. Many people have heard about it because of the FX show Louie which stars Louie CK as he always opens the show with a standup routine in the cellar. I have seen comics there that I had heard of before, and seen comics that I looked up immediately after leaving because they were so funny. On my most recent trip this past weekend Chris Rock did a 40 minute bit, and he wasn't even on the schedule, this happens often here. We also saw one of my favorites Russ Meneve, as well as Dave Attell. Admission is normally between 20-24 dollars, a bit more for a special show, but I can assure you that this is normal for most comedy clubs, and you absolutely get your moneys worth. There is also a two drink minimum, again, this is consistent with most comedy venues. If you sit in front of the stage, expect to be involved in someway with a comedians act, maybe all of them. Its a comedy club though, lighten up, you will have a blast!

1  Thank madtv261
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I usually attend the late evening show either friday or sat. this time we tried the mid evening show (8ish) for a change - excellent. Minimal profanity just very good comedians