“WHAT A NIGHT!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WHAT A NIGHT!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently had my SOLD OUT show "I've Slept My Way To The Top....Twice" here at The Duplex and was the best decision I ever made! The staff went above and beyond not just to accommodate me, but to all the people who came to see my show. The warm atmosphere is exactly what the show needed and I look forward to having many more shows at this location! Check them out any chance you can!!

ike

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ike A

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Sadly going downhill”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was such a wonderful place years ago but it is changing quite a bit. At the cramped piano bar downstairs the staff is rude and even hostile. They don't seem very happy to be there and it creeps into the entire experience unfortunately. The upstairs was once known as the game room with a pool table, dart board and juke box. Those friendly features are gone now and it is now darker and cruiser. Upstairs and downstairs were both very disappointing.

Visited January 2014
Welling, Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“My favourite bar in the world”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Recently I found myself back in Manhattan having lived there back in the 2000's. I had to stop in at The Duplex to show my friend what still is my favourite bar in the world.
Where else do you get freepour alcoholic drinks (think four or five UK shots) to a glass for £8 a go plus fabulous entertainment from the singing/storytelling bar staff and pianist.
I recall many fun filled nights here during my spell living in the US and I'm very pleased to say that The Duplex remains as fabulous as ever!

Grand Haven, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Misleading Happy Hour”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The sign on the wall says $5 well cocktails "nightly" until 8 but when the bill comes you will learn that that is, at least, not on Saturday night. Upon asking about this discrepancy we were told someone just put this (framed and misleading) sign up (in two places behind the bar). I realize that Saturday nights are usually not part of a happy hour offer, but then how hard is it to put "week nights " on the sign.

1 Thank Beachboymi
North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Outstanding atmosphere...even on a weeknight!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I were barhopping in Manhattan on Tuesday the 16th and this was the 8th (and final) location we ended up. We arrived at The Duplex @ 11:00 on Tuesday night and it was PACKED. Luckily we were able to find a table next to the piano - the last two seats in the house. The piano sounded fantastic (I'm not a musician so I'm not the best critic - but I know what sounds good... and this piano playing sounded great). We stayed at the bar until nearly 1am before heading back uptown and had three rounds of drinks. In addition the manager and our server (who were both extremely friendly) actually shared a round of shots with us - you don't see that very often. The singing along was a lot of fun - I rarely participate since I can't carry a tune to save my life... but everyone was singing so I joined along. There were a few songs from musicals I didn't know (I'm not a musical kinda guy) but everything else was fantastic. Even the restroom was clean upstairs (it's a pet peeve of mine in bars so I was glad that is was clean). The only item that I noticed was the 20% service fee on the bill. I'm assuming this was for the entertainment - and I'd be completely OK with that if a sign was posted that stated this would be added to the check. Having said that, the entertainment was still good enough to throw some cash in the tip jar on the piano and to tip our fantastic server about 30% before leaving for the evening. If you ever want to participate with an entertaining blend of individuals in a small niche location - this is the place.

Visited October 2013