“Misleading Happy Hour”

Grand Haven, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Misleading Happy Hour”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The sign on the wall says $5 well cocktails "nightly" until 8 but when the bill comes you will learn that that is, at least, not on Saturday night. Upon asking about this discrepancy we were told someone just put this (framed and misleading) sign up (in two places behind the bar). I realize that Saturday nights are usually not part of a happy hour offer, but then how hard is it to put "week nights " on the sign.

1 Thank Beachboymi

North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Outstanding atmosphere...even on a weeknight!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I were barhopping in Manhattan on Tuesday the 16th and this was the 8th (and final) location we ended up. We arrived at The Duplex @ 11:00 on Tuesday night and it was PACKED. Luckily we were able to find a table next to the piano - the last two seats in the house. The piano sounded fantastic (I'm not a musician so I'm not the best critic - but I know what sounds good... and this piano playing sounded great). We stayed at the bar until nearly 1am before heading back uptown and had three rounds of drinks. In addition the manager and our server (who were both extremely friendly) actually shared a round of shots with us - you don't see that very often. The singing along was a lot of fun - I rarely participate since I can't carry a tune to save my life... but everyone was singing so I joined along. There were a few songs from musicals I didn't know (I'm not a musical kinda guy) but everything else was fantastic. Even the restroom was clean upstairs (it's a pet peeve of mine in bars so I was glad that is was clean). The only item that I noticed was the 20% service fee on the bill. I'm assuming this was for the entertainment - and I'd be completely OK with that if a sign was posted that stated this would be added to the check. Having said that, the entertainment was still good enough to throw some cash in the tip jar on the piano and to tip our fantastic server about 30% before leaving for the evening. If you ever want to participate with an entertaining blend of individuals in a small niche location - this is the place.

Visited October 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fun Camp show not to be missed.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We just saw Camp Gay and laughed from start to finish,it is very clever ,witty and not for the faint hearted.The cast are fantastic and very talented and put their heart and soul into giving you a good time.Low cost production but you don't need expensive sets and plush surroundings to make a good show. Well made cocktails at a very good price . 10 out of 10.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steve265
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What a great time”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Found this place by accident and what a find. If you like great energy at a piano bar and people who can really SING!! You'll have a blast here. We did. From what I hear its always packed,and I can see why. Fun fun fun.

Visited August 2013
Merelbeke, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere!!! What a talent, how much fun!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My boyfrien and I wondered in on a night out in NYC. We didn't really see a first it is a gay bar (and we are gay!). So very open and welcome. Piano player was really talented and had a great voice. What an atmosphere, everybody sang along. The bartender also sang really well, I sometimes listen to them on a recorded track on my phone and I am back there ;) well recomended.

Visited May 2013