“New Friends”
Review of The Duplex

The Duplex
Ranked #61 of 890 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After dinner nearby, we wandered across the street to hear some music. Two joints we used to go to (Maries Crisis and RosesTurn) have closed so we were "forced" to try a new club. other reviews were good. The Duplex is a half dirty (in several ways) torch/comedy singing bartenders type of p[lace that's fun; especially if you get to sit next to the right people. We did. The couple next to us were from the Island and, as they are regulars, introduced us to several folks who made my woman and I feel like new friends. The singers for the most part ain't waiting on their big break on Broadway, but they are great singers and fun, as is the piano man.

Date of experience: February 2013
in 3 reviews
"video"
"stage"

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friends and I visited on a Friday night and we had a blast! The piano player played and sang classic songs from the 70's and 80's. Boy, could he sing! One of the waitresses and one of the bartenders also sang - there is a lot of talent in this little place. I didn't want to leave! If you want to have a good time and sing along to some classic music - this is your place!

Date of experience: January 2013
1  Thank Greengal06
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We love Duplex and go every time we are in NYC. The entertainment is wonderful - the staff are really talented performers and the camaraderie makes the show! Yes, it is crowded and loud and you are usually jammed in with strangers but everyone brings a zero-attitude approach and it almost feels like the best house party you've ever been to!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had read how the wait staff sang along to a piano, but had not expected the high quality of their performances. My husband and I had such a good time, we went back 3 nights later and enjoyed a magical night listening to patrons with voices worthy of Broadway.