“Never fail to have a wonderful time at Duplex!”
Review of The Duplex

The Duplex
Ranked #38 of 870 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We love Duplex and go every time we are in NYC. The entertainment is wonderful - the staff are really talented performers and the camaraderie makes the show! Yes, it is crowded and loud and you are usually jammed in with strangers but everyone brings a zero-attitude approach and it almost feels like the best house party you've ever been to!

There are newer reviews for The Duplex

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had read how the wait staff sang along to a piano, but had not expected the high quality of their performances. My husband and I had such a good time, we went back 3 nights later and enjoyed a magical night listening to patrons with voices worthy of Broadway.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It's going to be crowded and loud -- and you will love every minute of it! Check the calendar at the Web site, or just show up and enjoy!

1  Thank medortch
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Anything Goes at the Duplex...plus Phantom, Les Miz, Miss Saigon, and a million other standards and classics - this place is a blast! I first stumbled into (literally) the Duplex back on New Years Eve 1995. Once inside, I met a cast of characters that I have never forgotten - my favorite being a Waterford Crystal salesman that was in the "It's Raining Men" video back in the day, and - after fondling my hair for a few moments - asked if, when I cut it, he could have it for his drag wig. He actually gave me his card. Love it! Been back on subsequent adventures to NYC from Boston - bought my mother, a former singer herself, and reveled in watching her sing along and get blasted on champagne with some of the regulars. I am going back to NYC this fall for my birthday, and have requested that this West Village haunt be a first (and only!) stop on my birthday bar crawl! Love it!!!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stopped in Duplex because we were looking for a fun piano bar. The piano player was great and very entertaining! The bartender also was up on stage for a song and some entertainment at one point. There was also a guest that sang a song or two. The audience gets involved and it's very cozy there. We really enjoyed relaxing and grabbing a drink here! FYI it is primarily a gay and lesbian attended bar (I think)... at least my husband and I seemed to be one of 3 straight couples there. We actually didn't notice until we were just leaving at the end of the night... We had a blast and would definitely go back!