“Best Village entertainment”
Review of The Duplex

The Duplex
Ranked #59 of 878 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had read how the wait staff sang along to a piano, but had not expected the high quality of their performances. My husband and I had such a good time, we went back 3 nights later and enjoyed a magical night listening to patrons with voices worthy of Broadway.

All reviews
"performance"
"video"
"stage"

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It's going to be crowded and loud -- and you will love every minute of it! Check the calendar at the Web site, or just show up and enjoy!

1  Thank medortch
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Anything Goes at the Duplex...plus Phantom, Les Miz, Miss Saigon, and a million other standards and classics - this place is a blast! I first stumbled into (literally) the Duplex back on New Years Eve 1995. Once inside, I met a cast of characters that I have never forgotten - my favorite being a Waterford Crystal salesman that was in the "It's Raining Men" video back in the day, and - after fondling my hair for a few moments - asked if, when I cut it, he could have it for his drag wig. He actually gave me his card. Love it! Been back on subsequent adventures to NYC from Boston - bought my mother, a former singer herself, and reveled in watching her sing along and get blasted on champagne with some of the regulars. I am going back to NYC this fall for my birthday, and have requested that this West Village haunt be a first (and only!) stop on my birthday bar crawl! Love it!!!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stopped in Duplex because we were looking for a fun piano bar. The piano player was great and very entertaining! The bartender also was up on stage for a song and some entertainment at one point. There was also a guest that sang a song or two. The audience gets involved and it's very cozy there. We really enjoyed relaxing and grabbing a drink here! FYI it is primarily a gay and lesbian attended bar (I think)... at least my husband and I seemed to be one of 3 straight couples there. We actually didn't notice until we were just leaving at the end of the night... We had a blast and would definitely go back!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We went with friends to NYC and his brother, who lives in NYC, took us here on a Friday night. We started downstairs which was enough fun in itself! The barstaff was very friendly and served us quickly. Then, they got up and sang all sorts of showtunes and hits. We ventured upstairs to the restrooms to find down another hallway a whole cabaret! It was better entertainment than any show I've been to and paid serious money to enjoy in a long while! We had our own table in back and were entertained with musical medleys and jokes. We were even the butt of a few considering we were outnumbered by the gay couples in the audience. But all in good fun. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank chmido