“Lesson: Don't Forget to Close Your Tab!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Thom Bar
More attraction details
Owner description: Lounge bar of the stylish 60 Thompson hotel in SoHo.
Boston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lesson: Don't Forget to Close Your Tab!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I really like Thom Bar - great location, friendly and skilled bartenders, etc. I made the mistake of opening a tab... had one drink and then left to go have dinner. I absentmindedly left my card at Thom Bar. Well, within 24-hours my card was enjoying more of NYC than I was!

Thankfully, Amex reversed all charges I identified as fraudulent and sent me a new card.

Visited October 2013

México
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The usual hotel bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Service was good and prices were NYC average. Pretty waitress and grumpy look bouncers but still their music was nothing new, their dj was a party dj average. I guess they had their golden times past. It looked to me that must of the people who were there on a busy night were for a wedding held at the hotel.

The rest of the week the place was pretty chill and good for talking and enjoying time with friends. I liked the place for chilling after getting back to your hotel not for partying.

Visited August 2012
New York, NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Birthday Drinks at Thom”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

A group of friends and I went to Thom on a Friday night to celebrate a friends 30th birthday. The bar was rather empty at 8pm but picked up as our friends arrived and was fairly busy around 9pm. The drinks were decent and the bartenders were very helpful in recommendations and drinks. Friends had special cups made to drink out of and the manager refused to allow them and hoped to place them in the coat room since I believe she thought they were tacky. Instead after we refused to have her take them she placed them on the couch and hid them behind pillows. I don't know if she assumed people were going to sneak their own booze into the cups but none the less it was rude on her part. The apps were decent (cheese plates and egg roles). The music was rather old school (from the 90's and early 00's) and we all had a rather good time.

Visited October 2012
San Juan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible Managment and Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We came to a Wedding today at the hotel. Then decided to go to Thom Bar. The venue was completely empty & music was terrible. We ask if they could do a special deal on Champagne and change the music. The manager will simply say " Sorry we can't do anything to help you. We understand you spent thousands of dollars at our hotel at your wedding but know it suck to be you. Suck up the terrible depressing music and if you want a drink pay full price." talk about service.

1 Thank FedericoJose
Falls Church, Va
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Swank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

Pretty swank place. Great drinks, beautiful people, and a great DJ spinning. Excellent decor and ambiance.

1 Thank Nads82