“A dangerous, dangerous place... and I mean that in the best possible way”
Review of Peculier Pub

Peculier Pub
Ranked #138 of 874 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: World beer pub located in Greenwich Village.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Another landmark NYC bar that I've been frequenting for decades, this bar has hundreds of bottled beers and a great selection of drafts. The beer menu will take you a long time to get through and there's always something new and surprising to check out. The place has a solid old-school vibe and it's casual enough to hang out in for hours and hours.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

When I say "hole-in-the-wall" it is the best compliment for a bar. I love low-key places that aren't packed to the gills and blaring loud music. This bar was a great place to unwind and have a drink without any hassle, with a good selection of beer on tap. Bar tender was very friendly. If you like chill, local places, be sure to go.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I went to PECULIAR whilst on holiday in NYC in February. My wife found it on the internet before we went whilst looking for Pubs with real ales in NYC. We were not disapointed. The pub is a hive of activity but all with the most friendly atmosphere there were young professional workers there and students and together they made the pub vibrant and a great place to be, the waitress called my wife sweetie, which she thought was great. The selection of BEERS is truly wonderful. The beer that I opted for was a great stout and my wife had the monster ale which was superb. If you are looking for a great night with good beer, friendly company, superb atmoshphere and superb service then this is the place to go

Reviewed February 18, 2012

my friends and i go here all the time. this is our main hang out place if we just want beers and wings (great wings) !

they have a beer list of over 300, if you like to try new beers this is the place to come try different beers from different states or countries.

it is an only cash place so visit a bank prior.

this place is your typical pub, if you are looking for a lounge or dance area this is not for you. its perfect place just to unwind and enjoy a few beers!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I'm a regular at this place, and regulars will like it the most. Next to THE PATRIOT in Tribeca, it's my favorite bar in New York. The music is never too loud. (It never overpowers conversation.) The two TVs are unobtrusive. No Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! jock hell here. The beer selection is great!

If you want fashion, upscale, hoity toidy, this is not the place for you. If you want to dance, screech with the girls or guffaw with the boys, PLEASE DON'T COME HERE. But if you want to drink beer, and meet other drinkers (patrons here tend to be very social), this is the place. Plus, the mosaics on the walls and outside are all hand made by the owner and his daughter... with beer caps. Yeah!