“Great Bakery”

Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Try the red velvet cupcakes, or any other for that matter, get more than one; they are small...'nough said.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have one by our office! It is our daily go-to for a sweet snack. They started serving Starbucks coffee! Nothing like a Venti capp and a delicious cupcake.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The boyfriend and I wandered into here while waiting for our bus. I appreciated how right off the bat, on most of the labels for the cupcakes they told you the calorie count, I hate secrets especially if a cupcake is going to have a bazillion calories, I'm going to want to know, personal preference though. Customer service was pretty good, the lady was nice enough to give me 2 cups of tap water with ice for free since I was too cheap to buy 2 bottles of water. Bought 2 cupcakes...a chocolate pecan one which was really a chocolate cupcake with pecans embedded in the frosting on top, there was a nice surprise of ooey gooey chocolate goodness inside though however not really pecans anywhere and the 2nd cupcake was a brownie explosion which pretty much tasted the same as the first cupcake with chocolate frosting and a brownie on top. Both cupcakes were yummy, fairly moist and quite rich. Decent for $4ish each, I recommend asking for a fork or a spoon or something to eat them with, eating them by hand can be quite messy.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Crumbs was one of our stops on our food crawl. Its a cute little stop right outside Times Square. The Milkshake Cupcake is literally one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. The Apple Pie (or strudel?) one is also delish. I will definitely go back here if I am ever in the city again!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The cupcakes at Crumbs are ENORMOUS. They're basically an entire meal. There are dozens of flavors, and they're all just ok. The frosting is not that great (sugary vs buttercream), and the basics (vanilla/chocolate) are not particularly good either. This is one of those places you go to get cupcakes for work events, or if you're a tourist.