“Wow Sachiko's on Clinton Street and Stanton in New York City”
Review of Sachiko's on Clinton - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed November 30, 2006

I travel all over the world and I had to just turn the corner of my hotel on rivington st to find one of the best - if not simply THE best if I consider a quality price approach - Japanese restaurant I have been. What can say... it's refined, subtle, smart great service and music. I was in the lovely garden, the "quite room" or at the sushi bar. Each time my experience was incredible. I have send my friends there. Same feedback. The mood is so European in some aspects; the foie gras sushi, the caviar and gold leaf, and yet I can't talk about fusion because I also had the very traditional Japanese meals. Quality, smart menu and fair price. Only drawback is ... the choice of red wine was limited and although I like sake - and they have the best of the best - I simply rather dinne with a good glass of red. In addition I think that NZ pinot noir is too spicy to be able to appreciate all the savors of this delicate cuisine. One other thing, I met the owner Sahiko an elderly Japanese lady who hardly speaks English. She is really nice and sometimes too nice. I mean don't talk to her too much if you don't want her to invade your table at any possible occasion...
T Cordier