“The plaudits are appropriate”

A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder
Ballarat, Australia
221 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“The plaudits are appropriate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

We went to see this musical based on the reviews, and we were not disappointed. The cast is outstanding, and provided us with a great night's entertainment. It is better to book in advance - you are unlikely to pick up cheap tix at the TKTS booth. If you want to see a new Broadway show then this one fits the bill (although the theatre is just off Broadway.)

1 Thank AussiesBallarat

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, UT
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“THE BEST SHOW ON BROADWAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Don't miss this one! You can thank me later!
A Tony Award winning Musical still with it's Original Cast. You'll be amazed at the "Door Scene" ~ the Best since Noises Off. I'd see it again ~ and again.
We waited until we arrived in New York to get out tickets thus saving 90.00 in charges from Broadway internet ticket services.
Instead we when to TKTS at 47th & Seventh for discounted Broadway Shows tickets the day of the show

New York City, New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Clever, funny, and beautifully done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was dazzled by the performances, the direction, the sets, and the creativity that went into this musical. Using Victorian-style staging, A Gentleman's Guide is fresh and fun. The music is captivating and the imagination of the staging, which is both old-school and new, was a joy. The cast when I saw it with the original actors were superb, every one of them. A friend who is a fan of the big, dramatic musicals like Les Mis, did not enjoy it like I did. That's where we differ. I find Les Mis and the other melodrama musicals overblown and lacking in imagination. If you are fan of those you might not like A Gentleman's Guide. But I think it is one of the best musicals I've seen in years for creativity, imagination and out and out fun. It should have won more Tony awards.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank newyorkcb
Brussels, Belgium
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable evening and good show.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had decided to take in this show while we were in New York City this August, having read very positive reviews. I'm not a theatre or musical expert, but this was a good show with a good cast. It's not the most memorable play i've ever been to, but it is very good fun and well put together. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good broadway show.

1 Thank Jozef O
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Pure fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

The show was very funny and the performances were wonderful. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The theatre is small so I would imagine every seat is a good one. We were in the center orchestra in the back but the site lines looked good from all vantage points.

1 Thank Peter7755