“Rib-Eye fit for kings....”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,026 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: E. 49th Street
Description: One of America's most successful restaurants, this New York steakhouse opened in 1977 and has been a hit ever since. It is one of the most trafficked restaurants in New York City and among the most celebrated steakhouses in the world. Specializing in fresh seafood and lobster and assorted steaks and chops, Smith & Wollensky is well recognized for its healthy portions, seasoned service staff and pop Americana ambience. The painted wood exterior is dark forest green trim on sparkling white, with latticework trim. The elegant interior has turn-of-the-century appeal and design elements including shining brass, dark wood accents and polished wood floors. Adjacent to Smith & Wollensky's is Wollensky's Grill. The Grill (entrance on 49th St) is open from 11:30AM till 2:00AM but does not accept reservations.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have to say that this is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. Food was simply amazing, wine was fantastic although the jack daniels and coke at the bar nearly killed me lol, boy do they know how to pour a measure... a splash of coke was all I got but have to say without doubt, next time I'm in New York, it will be one of the first places I go.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,825)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went with my mom and a friend to Smith and Wollensky and the three of us had a NY steak, it was delicious, we asked for three sides but the portions were huge so we couldn't finish it all (hash browns, wild mushrooms and asparagus, the three were great), and a bottle of Pingus, amazing Spanish wine. The dessert (pecan pie) was a disappointment.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a great luncheon at this NYC landmark. The waitstaff was attentive, and the food was excellent--just what we needed after an early morning departure and a train ride to NYC.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The steak was excellent and the Caesar salad was exceptional. I ate at the grille and service was quick and attentive. Nothing particularly fancy, but a very professional place. They could update thier side orders, but that about it. Also, nice by-the-glass wine selection.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Lovely steak however you did get the feeling that you were being "judged" as to wether or not you could afford the big items on the menu almost as soon as you sat down.

Our waiter pointed out a $250 bottle of wine to us, and seemed miffed when we said we didn't want a starter.

Fab food, just a little stuffy! I had Woolensky steak and hubby had filet mignon