“I've been coming here since it was Manny Wolfs.”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #363 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: E. 49th Street
Description: One of America's most successful restaurants, this New York steakhouse opened in 1977 and has been a hit ever since. It is one of the most trafficked restaurants in New York City and among the most celebrated steakhouses in the world. Specializing in fresh seafood and lobster and assorted steaks and chops, Smith & Wollensky is well recognized for its healthy portions, seasoned service staff and pop Americana ambience. The painted wood exterior is dark forest green trim on sparkling white, with latticework trim. The elegant interior has turn-of-the-century appeal and design elements including shining brass, dark wood accents and polished wood floors. Adjacent to Smith & Wollensky's is Wollensky's Grill. The Grill (entrance on 49th St) is open from 11:30AM till 2:00AM but does not accept reservations.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I just love the place, the service, the food, my friends at the bar. But so many have died. I have great memories here so I always go back for the steak and cream spinach. My name was on the wall. Not many woman are on there.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,698)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

this restaurant is totaly amazing! Food was superb! Wine list amazing! We will be going back on our next trip to NYC!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband I visited Smith and Wolenski's restaurant on the 2nd of June 2013. It was the best meal we had in years. The staff were very courteous and the service was great. We got a fantastic table by the window. Can I warn you the portions are enormous.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

While visiting son in NYC, he requested we check out SW. Previous visits had covered Peter Luger's and Del Frisco's. The food was simply disappointing. And despite my hopes that it would get better with each bite, it didn't. All three of us had filets. They lacked necessary texture and flavor, though the portions were generous. And while meat grading is not an exact science, I can tell you this was the worst grade of prime I have experienced from any of the previously mentioned restaurants as well as any Ruth's Chris I've sampled, Morton's, SW in Chicago or even prime mail order (Allen Brothers and Lobels). Filet was cooked per order (rare). Sides were equally average (and, thus, at these prices, unacceptable). Creamed spinach lacked any flavor direction. Mushrooms were ok, but intense (and over-powering to the filets...perhaps that one is one me-should have chosen something less intense to pair with filet). Jumbo asparagus was average (perhaps it was too late for me to recover). Service was excellent and quite friendly. Also, carrot cake dessert was excellent.

1  Thank tjtracey
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am delighted every time I go there. If you are looking for good meat and sides, this is the place to go to. The service was also really good. I have have decided to make it my monthly-stake-house-stop.