“My favorite ramen hands down!”
Review of minca

minca
Ranked #2,886 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: East Village
Neighborhood: East Village
New York City, New York
“My favorite ramen hands down!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my favorite ramen hands down! Right in Alphabet City and a real hole in the wall, it is absolutely worth the wait if there is one at the time. The ramen is amazing and at a really good price for the size. They are also great if you want to get take out, but unfortunately they stop delivery at 6pm (probably because of how busy they get). Their Minca ramen is amazing! Go there ASAP!

• Visited January 2013

Billericay, United Kingdom
“Tasty ramen in the East Village”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was visiting New York on business for a couple of weeks and having had a lot of free time to myself, made a point of going a bit off the beaten track away from the corporate-style Midtown Manhattan and was recommended the East Village / Alphabet City area by some colleagues.

I was certainly glad to have found Minca, a small Ramen shop with a very high turnover. I had a standard pork and chicken broth ramen with some gyoza which were some of the best that I had ever had, all made in front of me in the open kitchen. That being said, hygiene may not necessarily have been the best, but the flavour certainly was.

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best ramen in east village!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I loved minca! The ramen was delicious. We both had tonkotsu soup with thin noodles. The soup was flavoursome and the pork strips literally melt in your mouth. My only regret is that we didn't visit minca a second time before we left New York. Defintely visit if you're a big ramen fan!

• Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great Ramen Eatery”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

It's small, it's rustic, it's crowded, it's hard to find, ... But the ramens are great! This restaurant offers good service, great ambiance and many choices of ramens. It's one of the best ramen eatery in East Village.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Ramen Ramen Ramen”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate in this restaurant every time I can go in east village for a really good Ramen.

The place is cozy, small, but rustic and I love it.
Even if you go there and the restaurant is full, there is never to much wait to seat and the waiters are the nicest people ever. I love to seat at the counter and see the cooks preparing the dishes.

I usually eat the Vegetable Tanmen with weavy or beens noodles (and I always add some chicken in it). The broth is delicate and the meat is super tasty. All the veggies inside are cooked at the right point when they aren't flabby but they remain a bit crisp, that is exactly how I like it.

When I bring some friends there I usually let them taste the Gyoza too.
I love the pork ones.

I suggest also to drink a good bottle of Sapporo with the meal.
The best thing you can do to enjoy everything even more.

The service is perfect: quick, lovely!
Even if there are no dessert to end the meal with, the delicious tea that they serve is going to leave you satisfied ad a good piece of cake!

• Visited April 2013