“The best ramen in New york”
Review of minca

minca
Ranked #1,966 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: East Village
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been in New york for a year and a half and i'm a huge fan of ramen. I tried a couple in the city but this one is by far the best. Very small, cosy, the food is amazing! But you have to be starving before getting there! They are playing french songs too sometimes, pretty cool!!
You should go!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Minca is a great hidden treat in the East Village. Not to sound anyway derogatory but I walked in off the street to try Minca based off the single factor that it was backed with Asian people enjoying the ramen. I figured it was good enough for people who get the real stuff cooked by their family it will rock my socks. And it sure did. The broth is far better than most and the variety of noodles and toppings rounds out a great way to warm up on a cold winter's evening. Seating is limited so be ready to wait.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Once in a while, friends let you know of a place that you need to check out. Friend who have a good idea of what you like; friend who care. Well let me tell you about this place. My dearest friend Leighann F. had been telling me about this place for a few years now, knowing how much I care for good ramen. She had told me that it blows everything out of the water. Well... she... was... right.

I was in NYC for a day and debated where to go for lunch with the girlfriend. I had so many bookmarks on Yelp of places to check out... But decided to check this place off. I called up Leighann and after meeting on 42nd and Lex, we hopped into a cab and headed to Minca. All three of us arrived in the East Village area minutes later, hoped out and proceeded to walk right in. We were immediately seated in a corner, on a somewhat narrow table. Actually it was narrow to a point where I wondered how our bowls were going to fit adjacent to one another - it somehow worked out.

The smells emanating from the kitchen were delightful and while the place didn't look like much from the outside, the inside was small, clean and welcoming. I cannot even begin to describe the feeling of being able to sit at a place that you've been dying to check out for a few years. It feels awesome. I was so excited, I didn't even know where to begin when it came to the menu that was handed to me.

Eventually, we were able to figure things out after a few minutes of hesitating and conversing. We got 3 diet cokes, an order of pork gyoza ($5.25) to share and I settled for the Minca Sio ($10.50) which has salt & roast garlic flavors featuring both pork and chicken broths. This place also lets you chose from three types of noodles: wavy, thin and thick. I got the wavy ones.

Our cokes arrived, our gyoza as well and all was well. We ate away at the delicious, juicy and well-seasoned and grilled gyoza that lay in front of us (the order was large enough for us to have 2 pieces each which was a perfect way to start off our meal). And then came the star of the show: the bowl of ramen.

I must say that one of my biggest pet peeves is when a bowl of ramen arrives way too hot. This one was perfect. It was hot but far from scalding hot and I dug right in. The noodles were amazing as were the pork slices in there. They were fatty, juicy and very flavorful. The scallions, the sliced mushrooms and various other components all worked together and the flavors melded. It was a religious experience. From the moments the bowls arrived, everyone stopped talking. All you could really hear was slurping noises along with grunts and hums of satisfaction. It was an incredible sight. The salt and garlic broth wasn't too garlicky but oh so delicious; it had a richness that only hours of steeping and simmering can create. Just amazing depth of flavor right there

The level of customization that this place enables, letting you pick from various broths and noodles, along with the actual execution of the dishes.... it's just incredible. Better than anything I had in Tokyo while there for a few days. The service is friendly and efficient, and best of all, the place is clean and very affordable. It is by far one of the cheapest and most satisfying meals that I can think of in NYC.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The best ramen in NYC, not one of those chains or upscale noisy places, but a real ramen shop, the first one in the city and still far and above any other. Sit at the counter, warm your body and soul with broth and ingredients that take the chill out of a winter's day. Bring your friends, make some friends, go to the one on 5th St., have the spicy basic and enjoy! !

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Holy Ramen, Batman. If you can find this place you won't be disappointed. Broth is delish and the pork belly is right on the spot. Prices are unbelievable for nyc. Atmosphere is spartan and hygiene is East Village.