“A rip off!!”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
“A rip off!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

Went here for breakfast as it was near our hotel. It ended up being the most expensive meal in our 5 day stay in New York. Had 'pancakes served with bacon' and my mum had 'waffles served with sausage' when the bill came we had been charged for the bacon and the sausages as extras. I questioned this and the reply I got was ' these are side dishes this is an a la carte restaurant'. I left livid. Do not waste your money here.

Dallas
“I wouldn't go back if it was free”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

We made the mistake of dining here on one of our last night’s in the city. We got a late start, and most other places were full ---- there was definitely a reason this one wasn’t! I don’t even know where to start. Bad service doesn’t begin to describe it. When we finally got someone to come over and take our order, she definitely wasn’t friendly. We had our salads 10 minutes before we got forks (despite complaining to the manager). Our beverages arrived after the forks. Burgers were very much overcooked, and were served with only ketchup --- no option for mustard or mayo (but at this point we were ready to leave). Cheesecake was just ok. We ordered off of a 3 course fixed price menu ($20 with a beverage). I know you get what you pay for, but this was horrible. Took forever, nothing was right, and they couldn’t even run a credit card quickly. Wouldn’t dream of going back. Not sure how they stay in business.

Minneapolis Minnesota
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

We were walking up and down the streets in the theater district looking for a place to eat before a broadway show and we happened to walk by Charley O's. We decided to take a chance and we were very glad we did. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere. The food was very good. And they were accomodating in preparing the fish I ordered differantly than was listed on the menu. I had the talapia which was very good. I would definitely go back again. My husband like his Mahi Mahi, too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good food...the steak was perfect. There was a band on too which provided great entertainment. The bar which looks...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2008

Very good food...the steak was perfect. There was a band on too which provided great entertainment. The bar which looks onto Times Square was great to sit in and chill at night... Will go back!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook