“Beautiful and great food”
Review of Loeb Boathouse

Loeb Boathouse
Book In Advance
More Info
$60.00*
and up
Private Walking Tour of Central Park
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were really surprised at how lovely this restaurant was. Fantastic server and beautiful and delicious food. Even our 12 and 14 year olds loved it. Also nice to sit at outdoor bar while waiting. Highly recommend reserving in advance to get a waterfront table along the big glass windows.

All reviews
"gondolier"
"nyc"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

From start to finish this was a very disappointing experience and was so fundamentally bad that i will not be going back and will stop recommending this place as a must do when in NYC (which is what i have been doing for the last 7 years!). With the exception of our waitress, the rest of the staff were just plain rude. I have several instances where we talked to like naughty school children for instance when my 14 yr old innocently sat on a bar stool near the bar - clearly something punishable by death. We waited well over an hour for our food and when my Filet mignon did arrive it was so far from rare i thought it had been cremated. When i asked our waitress (who was French) she tried to justify the over cooking. Clearly the set up is mainly for tourists and not for repeat business - and of course this underlined by the inclusion of the 18% service charge plus the check left Open for tips. I will be going out of my way to make sure none of my friends make the mistake of coming here. My recommendation is to avoid this place..

Reviewed July 14, 2013

You can't beat the spectacular views at the Loeb Boathouse. Definitely request a table by the water where you can people watch.
The food, meh. Surprised to find very dirty silverware at the table. Brought to waiter's attention who was equally as disgusted. The organic chicken was good, vegetables were very good. The crab cake is nice, good flavor and nice portion. Not a lot of variety on the menu.
Highlight is the bread selection that will come to your table. We asked for more.
Service is slow and not too attentive.
Overall, great views, nice crowd (two bridal parties to watch of Friday night). Looks a lot like Saratoga in August.
I'd suggest you skip dinner and go there for drinks.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, ambience was bright and airy, great view of the terrible row-boaters on Central Park Lake.

I ordered the lobster roll (lunch) tons of meat, hand cut fries, and slaw...cost around 30 bucks.

Enjoyed the experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My son and I had lunch and after bringing our food which was okay the waiter never returned until I had to go get him for our bill, when I got the bill guess what the tip was included, so basically he didn't care about customer service because he was still getting paid! I'm pretty sure it's illegal and when I asked the manager he told me they automatically add a tip to every bill no matter what size the party!

2  Thank Collinsnicole