“Awesome show in a beautiful theatre.”
Review of Majestic Theatre

Ranked #93 of 1,103 things to do in New York City
Edmonton, Canada
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Awesome show in a beautiful theatre.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The theatre is beautiful and old looking, in a good way, and the phantom is playing in there, and it is an amazing show.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Majestic”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We saw the Phantom of the Opera for the second time. The theater has an ambience that fits vey well with the Phantom. A great theater and show to experience Braodway and New York.

Visited March 2013
Aurora, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Nice Theatre, be mindful of seating plan”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our family (2+2teens) went to see The Phantom of the Opera at Majestic Theatre. I bought tickets from the official ticket provider as I didn't want to take any sacrifice to our experience during the performance.
The theatre is a bit small, but seating plan is wise and seats are placed in a smart way to make sure the stage can be seen unobstracted. We have Orchestra row R, middle section, which was a good place, we could see and hear everyhing. But in a hindsight, I wish I payed more to have rows before N - this is where Mezzanine starts above the Orchestra secion.Rear Mezzanine is a waste of money, unless one comes there "just to experience Broadway".
The performance was good, but not breath-taking. The original plot was modified, so this might have put us into some disadvantage. The differences in level of artistic ability (voice/singing/artist-level) was too noticeable to us (all 4 of us have musical background). Raol and Erik were very good, Christine was just good - clean voice, but needs further development in ability to sing longs. We all liked Carlotta - she was the best in all aspects.
Overall, we rated the show in a range 7-9 on 10-scale. Recommended for one time.

2 Thank instyleLive
Perth, Australia
“Phantom of the Opera”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went to see The Phantom of the Opera at Majestic Theatre on my travels to America from Australia. This is my absolute favourite musical production of all time and so I just HAD to see it. I read the time wrong on the ticket and showed up an hour late! The kind gentleman at the box office was very nice and told me to come back the following night after 6pm to try and get a seat then. I showed up after 6:00pm the following night and was asked to wait until 7:30pm to speak to the manager. I really didn't think I would have much luck or that I would get seated somewhere towards the back, even though I had paid for centre front orchestra seats but the manager was such a lovely man and took me straight in to a great seat just 6 rows from the stage! it was perfect. The theatre is classy and beautiful and the production itself was absolutely incredible. It was so good that I bought a ticket to go back the following night and see it once more before returning to Australia. I loved The Phantom, he had such a beautiful voice and Samantha Hill was just a perfect Christine. The whole cast were fantastic, what a brilliant performance. The highlight of my trip. Thank you Majestic Theatre for being so kind!!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Even the nosebleed seats are worth it!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked literally the very top row (and corner) seats to have our first taste of Broadway. Wow, we didn't miss a beat or any of the action. Totally worth the price. The production was in one word, "spectacular." Honestly, I don't know how the Phantom could get better. The theater itself is charming. Lots of ushers around telling you where to go. $5 for a bottle of water.

2 Thank BrettaAnn