“Annie at the Palace Theatre: Sheer Delight!”
Review of Palace Theatre

Ranked #180 of 1,111 things to do in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Annie at the Palace Theatre: Sheer Delight!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I took my 2 boys, 14 and 11 to NYC during the holidays. Wanted to take them to a Broadway show and I thought that Annie was the best fit of my choices. Except that 2 boys who don't like to sit for a long time had an attitude about a show about some "dumb girl". I'm pretty sure that this is the first show I've taken them to when neither asked what time it was or when it would be over. They were dialed in from the first scene to the curtain call. I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Our "Annie" was an understudy (don't know if it was an understudy or a rotation but there was a "the role of Annie" slip in the program). She spoke with a strong Brooklyn accent which took a little getting used to as I've seen this show dozens of times) but it didn't hurt the production. The sets and costumes were extravagant and great. We all enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Visited December 2012

New Delhi, India
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Annie at Palace Theater!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The show was mind blowing! The sets were great and they really brought alive the story. The theater seats were comfortable - better than the seats at new Amsterdam theater. Staff was a little abrupt but I guess they have to be with the massive seating capacity of the place. In terms of prettiness quotient of the theater itself - nothing exceptional.

Visited November 2012
San Antonio, TX
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“New life for a Broadway gem”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My partner and I saw "Annie" in previews and it was a splendid revival of a classic Broadway show. The actors were perfectly cast and gave award- worthy performances. The direction was crisp, fast-paced and perfect for the material. Such a joy.

Visited October 2012
Connecticut
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Annie- Joyous and Triumphant”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I took my two children to see Annie in previews at the Palace Theatre in October and the production was joyous and triumphant. I was captivated by every aspect of this play. I predict multiple Tony Awards for this production. The casting was pitch perfect. The acting was sharp and entertaining. The sets were perfection. The musical numbers succeeded at every level. Seeing Annie, was the most complete emotionally satisfying theatre experience I have ever had. Run, don't walk to see Annie. It is a theatrical triumph.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank saint22
England
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Priscilla JOY!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

What an amazing time we had at the Palace theatre. Fab location, reasonable priced drinks and stunning theatre. Performance was stunning. a true once in a life time. Enjoy!

Visited April 2012