“Great theater.”

and up
The Book of Mormon on Broadway
Ranked #270 of 1,115 things to do in New York City
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Went to see the Book of Mormon, although I had seats all the way in the back, it did not affect my experience nor the show. Had an amazing time. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank lfp62480
There are newer reviews for Eugene O'Neill Theatre

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We saw Book of Mormon here. Sat in the center mezzanine (A107-A108) and was not disappointed. The acoustics in the theater are pretty good and getting in and our wasn't too bad. $28 for a double vodka tonic is to be expected I suppose because it is NYC afterall.

2  Thank FredoftheWorld
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I saw The Book of Mormon here and though the interior is really pretty, the seats are super cramped. I was counting on having legroom, like I've experience with other plays, and had a big bag with me from shopping (Juicy Couture game me a huge back for a pair of shorts and an iPhone case), but instead I got none because it is different here. I was in the back row and could see the stage quite well.

If you come here, I would recommend saving your shopping for after the show, if possible. Especially if you are relying on public transportation and walking to get around.

2  Thank Jessamyn W
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I yo would like to see what I thought of the Book of Mormon, please see my review on the actual show at it's rightful location on this website. This review is to talk about the theater itself. The Eugene O'Neill Theater is not the most attractive building that I have ever seen from the outside. Do not go expecting a grand building with a flashy marquee. The lobby where the box office is had one window that was in use while I was there. The staff at the theater were very friendly and helpful especially those working at the box office. They were the reason I was able to get in and see the show by telling me about the line for standing room only tickets. The inside of the theater is perfectly attractive with slightly old but comfortable looking seats. The standing room situation is great at this theater. Your ticket has a number and there are numbers along the rail behind the mezzanine so you just stand in front of your number. Only do this if you are reaonably tall!! It worked out perfectly for 6'1" me. The acoustics and sound system in the theater are great as you would expect them to be for a broadway theater. Be warned: use the bathroom before the show as you will most likely not have another chance. The bathroom is located at the bottom of a narrow flight of stairs and it is very small. There will be a tremendous line if you try to use it at intermission. The drinking fountain is down there as well. The gift shop is upstairs in a cramped room where the bar is also located so be ready to get squished while purchasing merchandise. That being said, however, there is another location to buy some of the memorabilia downstairs at a smaller cart located near the standing room behind the mezzanine. As I have seen other reviews state, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. The mezzanine blocks what happens above a certain point on the stage but nothing ever happened up there in Book of Mormon. You can see everything. The box seats, we were told outside the theater, can block certain entrances and exits. The orchestra row seats would be fine as the stage is not a very high one so you're not framing your neck to see anything. All in all, a decent theater that was very pleasurable to see a show in.

3  Thank ryandvy
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The views of the stage were perfect. The sound was clear and the seats were comfortable. I was there to see Book of Mormon, which I really enjoyed, and seeing it in this theater added to the enjoyment.

1  Thank Susan M