Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $98.50
More Info
from $72.00
More Info
All reviews gorgeous theater booster cushions great view of the stage special effects aisle seat front row mezzanine level broadway show balcony seats during intermission great performance first row great seats the lion king bought tickets box office aladdin
Reviewed 1 week ago

We went to see the spectacular performance of Aladdin here and were very impressed with how beautiful the theatre is. We also found the information about the history of the building really interesting and how it has been restored.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The architecture is very ornate. This theatre was built in 1903. Seats were comfortable but not much leg room. The show was fantastic. Genie was great. It seemed the show was a sell out. Great for kids.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Won tickets to see a production at this theater and thoroughly enjoyed both. We were mezzainine center - EE 115 and 116 - and had pretty decent sightlines. Would come here again.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

We visited and saw Aladdin. It was an awesome production and we thoroughly enjoyed the show. The theater was beautiful and ornate. You can sense the history when you are inside. The seats were a little bit on the small side with very limited legroom. There were a bit uncomfortable for my brother in law who is 6' plus, but it is an older theater. Worth the trip!.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

I went to the New Amsterdam Theater to watch Aladdin with my cousins. The building has a Golden Age, old-school ambience, which I really loved. Even the ushers were dressed to match the feel of the place. Typical of any Broadway musical, the place was pretty packed, but as long as you buy your tickets beforehand, you move fairly quickly through the line. We sat in the Mezzanine section, which is pretty tight-spaced with narrow steps, so be careful moving around. My main criticism is that there aren't enough restrooms. During the show's intermission, it took my cousins and I nearly 20 minutes to get a stall, as there were so many people trying to use them too. Overall though, the theater helps bring life to the show.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Today my sister and I took a trip to see Aladdin with my sleeping 7 month old nephew and we had purchased 2 tickets for the adults not realizing that we also had to purchase a ticket for my nephew, who would not be in a seat or watching the play,for an additional 57 dollars which we didn't have seeing that we had already spent over 200 dollars for our orchestra seats. We weren't able to see the play and lost over 200 dollars plus carfare that we had to use to get there. Won't be going back to that theatre was treated with great disrespect when I tried to explain my situation.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We just saw Aladdin at the New Amsterdam Theater and we had a wonderful time. The theater is beautiful and the show was AMAZING! We sat in the right orchestra, Row P and the view was incredible. It looked to us that any seat would be good though. The theater (and restrooms) were clean and everyone was super nice. At intermission, and at the end of the show, you can take pictures in front of the genie lamp. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Lee369444
Reviewed July 30, 2018

I learned long ago to avoid orchestra level in most theatres because I inevitably sit behind a taller or bigger person and my view is blocked. We paid premium prices for seats in the front mezzanine at this theatre to see Aladdin. I wish I hadn't. We were 4 rows from the front in center front mezzanine and I couldn't see the entire center stage. I watched the show constantly leaning left or right to see around the person in front of me.

I was quite disappointed that this theatre doesn't stagger the mezzanine rows like some other theatres (like the Gershwin) to help avoid this issue. The pitch alone wasn't steep enough to avoid the issue, and I'm not particularly short, nor was the man in front of me abnormally tall/big (but on the taller/bigger side).

2  Thank Nashville8000
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We came in here on a Saturday afternoon for the 2 PM show and as expected the place was packed. We had a smooth check in and had a great view from our seats on Mezzanine.

And the show, Aladdin was just magical! The setup, wardrobe and performance - everything was spot on. Each of the actors did an amazing job especially Genie. Really worth a visit!

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We recently went to New York and had the chance to see Aladdin. The Theater was incredible. It had so much character and charm, theaters don't look like this anymore. The seats were pretty tight but we were comfortable. The rows were close together which made it hard for my children to see but there were booster seats provided which helped a lot. The ushers caught 2 people trying to record on their phones, not sure how they were able to spot this but it was impressive.
Aladdin was wonderful! The cast were all very talented and the Genie was a crowd favorite! We sang the songs all night and my kids are still talking about the show.
The only issue we had were the group of teenagers behind us who wanted to talk and sing over the performers during the second act. I was hoping that the ushers would hear them and come to say something but they must not have heard. I turned around twice and had to say something because they were very loud and inconsiderate. Ultimately they got quiet and we didn't let it take away from our evening.It was a great night!