“Mary Poppins”

and up
Disney on Broadway Behind-the-Scenes Walking Tour
Ranked #109 of 1,137 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The lavish decor of the Walt Disney theater is the perfect setting for the popular play production of The Lion King.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The theatre is stunning. I really enjoyed the show but surprisingly my 11 year old did not. I put this down to having see Mama Mia! Musical just before- and knowing all the songs in it whereas the music in Mary Poppins is not as familiar.The tickets were very fairly priced too.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our very first Broadway show was Mary Poppins, The Musical and it was fantastic! My wife and I had some expectations for this show since we are huge Disney fans but they were exceeded by the wonderful cast of this production! The staging and musical numbers were stunning and the technical elements were amazing. Bert walking "around" the stage and Mary flying were quite impressive! It was a fun time and definitely worth the ticket price!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took my son to see Mary Poppins here. This is a beautiful ornate old theater that has been restored and modernized to perfection (of course) for this Disney production. There is a convenient elevator in the lobby which takes you to the upper levels. The seats are somewhat tight and not too much leg room but it is more comfortable, clean and attractive than a lot of other broadway theaters I have been to. The show was good with a talented cast (especially the children) although the first act was a little bit slow. I felt that compared to other Broadway musicals, the choreography was boring and the dance numbers a little bit sloppy. I also felt that the newly composed music was weak compared to the fabulous songs from the movie but that is a lot to measure up to!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was really nervous about spending $120+ per ticket for my two nieces (3 and 4 years old) to see Mary Poppins. I didn't know if it would hold their attention and if we would be leaving halfway through. I wanted to come back and report, they barely moved during the whole play. The 3 year old did get a bit fidgety towards the end of the first half, but she came back refreshed after intermission. It was a wonderful play!! And Mary flying over the audience at the end is still something the girls talk about. They had only seen the Disney movie Mary Poppins once or twice, and they still enjoyed the show. The theater is small which is nice and cozy. We sat in the Orchestra, Row T. Awesome view and seats.

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This was a first for both my daughter and I. It was every bit the amazing show I had heard.
We sat in box 12 and it was perfect for seeing Mary asend. Next time we would get orchestra seats. The staff is delightful (Disney staff?). The drinks are $$$$adopting but its expected.
Beyond the show the theater is beautiful. The seats are for healthy people not those over weight. Or tall. Get a box if you want elbow space.