“Biggest IMAX Screen”

AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13
Ranked #27 of 149 Fun & Games in New York City
Reviewed June 16, 2013

People who wants to see the biggest screen of New York City must go here. With 3d of extreme quality you will thoroughly enjoy any movie here, either good or bad. You will feel like, you are in the movie. Other Imax I have heard are smaller than this. Sound quality and picture quality is superb. If any most anticipated movie of the year is releasing I don't think twice before buying a ticket because I know no other theatre will give me the enjoyment which this one will give.

5  Thank Dhaval K
There are newer reviews for AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13

Reviewed April 9, 2013

So first of all, if you're wondering what Lincoln Square is behind in my estimation, here is my ranking:
1. Film Society of Lincoln Center
2. Lincoln Plaza Cinemas
3. Ziegfeld Theater
4. Lincoln Square

That Lincoln Square is behind them is not a knock on Lincoln Square necessarily - it shows more mainstream fare than what I see at the other three, and the fact that it does show mainstream movies makes it occasionally indispensable (i.e., usually I go for art-house stuff, but when I want to see a summer blockbuster, for example, I can find it at Lincoln Square).

As for the IMAX, Lincoln Square has one of the huge ones that's 10 stories high, which is cool, but it is murder getting a good seat in there. With it being SOOOO tall, if you're not in the middle or higher, you get a neck ache craning your head to see. And people get in line more than an hour before the screening to grab up the middle rows (you know, the old trick of one guy standing in line, who then ropes off 20 seats for his friends who all arrive 5 minutes before the movie begins).

So if I want to see something on a big screen, I will usually go to either the Ziegfeld, or the IMAX at AMC 25 in Times Square.

1  Thank Charming_Karl
Reviewed February 27, 2013

went to see The Amazing Spiderman and I'd rate this cinema on par with the London IMAX.... cleanliness could be improved,but the screen is massive and the sound fantastic.State of the Art as would be expected of an IMAX cinema. Recommended.

1  Thank WillSauer
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went here to see the new Batman film in IMAX. Booked ahead as guessed it would be busy and heard great reviews about the place. Cinema was awsome, full crowd and real buzz about the place when it finished. All movie experiences should be like this.

2  Thank Greyo
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We love the movies. This is one of our neighborhood theatres and it is one of the best in the city. Fairly new with a nice staff who will help you with anything, I think they even have a concierge even though I don't understand exactly what they do.. Frankly I wish there was a whole day ticket and I would just go from movie to movie. There are many premieres here so there is some excitement. often the movie marketing companies give out free tickets to screenings outside and you can participate in a focus group. We always volunteer but sadly are not always in the age category they ar looking for. The popcorn etc. is pricey but there are many choices and special offers. The lines don't move that quickly so have one person get seats and one get popcorn.There are always many choices and they participate in Fandango so you can buy tickets on line.For some reason New Yorkers tend to go to movies in their neighborhoods unless meeting a friend so this is a west side treasure.