“MOVIES,MOVIES,MOVIES”

125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“MOVIES,MOVIES,MOVIES”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We love the movies. This is one of our neighborhood theatres and it is one of the best in the city. Fairly new with a nice staff who will help you with anything, I think they even have a concierge even though I don't understand exactly what they do.. Frankly I wish there was a whole day ticket and I would just go from movie to movie. There are many premieres here so there is some excitement. often the movie marketing companies give out free tickets to screenings outside and you can participate in a focus group. We always volunteer but sadly are not always in the age category they ar looking for. The popcorn etc. is pricey but there are many choices and special offers. The lines don't move that quickly so have one person get seats and one get popcorn.There are always many choices and they participate in Fandango so you can buy tickets on line.For some reason New Yorkers tend to go to movies in their neighborhoods unless meeting a friend so this is a west side treasure.

Visited July 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
603 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 567 helpful votes
“A decent place to see mainstream cinema in New York City”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

In the case of Lincoln Square Theaters, giving it an "average" rating is not as much a critique as it would be for me to rate a restaurant or a sight. Lincoln Square is simply one of the many multiplex movie theaters that have dominated mainstream movie-going in New York City (and I would guess around the rest of the country as well) since the 1980s.

I most recently attended a performance of "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" starring Gary Oldman there, but I have seen many movies there over the last 20 years or so. I do not usually buy things from the concession stands, but when I do, I find it extremely overpriced. The theater is pretty comfortable, with raked seating and plush recliner-type seats with cupholders at the end of each armrest.

Besides the IMAX theater, most of the theaters are situated off one large room, which makes it easy to find your theater - they all have numbers as well as names.

I don't often nowadays find a movie that I want to see that is showing at Lincoln Square, but since it is not far from my apartment building and a decent enough place, I will not hesitate to see a movie there.

Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“3D Rip Off Glasses cheap distorted wavy”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

the 3D Imax glasses are all distorted beyond belief.
I went through three racks of them with the manager Mike to find the horrible ones I was finally given.
If I had not needed to wait in AC for two hours for my friend I would have left. I was trapped.
This is my neighborhood theater and it is the first time these cheap warped glasses were given out.

FIX THE PROBLEM OR I WILL NEVER GO TO YOUR THEATER AGAIN.

WHAT A RIP OFF
The lense is not flat and reflected in four spots like a mirror into your eyes while trying to watch the film.
Patches of blinding glare.

SHAME ON YOU FOR RIPPING OFF AMERICANS.
YOU ARE UN AMERICAN.