“A Christmas Story, The Musical is a MUST SEE”

Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
Ranked #238 of 1,103 things to do in New York City
Bluffton
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A Christmas Story, The Musical is a MUST SEE”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wow, this was the best thing we went to while in NY! My two young girls liked this better than the Rockettes or the Nutcracker (and they are dancers). I thought it was much better than the tv program, with the actors and actresses being unbelievably talented. I was laughing out loud at several points and I had to quiet down my children who were laughing hysterically. The theater is a nice size, and I don't think there would be a bad seat anywhere. Arrive a few minutes early, because the line is kind of long before the show.

Bethlehem, Pa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A CHRISTMAS STORY - The musical”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was not sure how it would be since it was a "musical" If you have this doubt, DON’T!
The songs in it were just the right amount. The stage was done up excellent and the cast was Awesome. I recommend everyone who loves this movie go see the play.. And if you have never seen the movie still go see the play!! I thought it was FANTASTIC and a great holiday play/show for all ages, kids included.

Next year I am hoping they do this again so I can take my husband for the holidays, because YES I would see it again.

I bought the tickets on line and had seats ORCH LEFT F9 and F11.
The seats were the 2nd and 3rd from the end. I was not worried about a blocked view because I sat in seats in this section for another play. The theatre is small and I don’t think any seats would be bad seats. I didn’t make it 4 starts only because being more towards the center would obviously be a better and more clear view of the stage. I paid 89.00 a seat with taxes and the extra costs they add on which was a great price because 2 seats over (more towards the center)from us were double what I paid, so that makes these seats really good ones to me.

1 Thank Loosbrock
Waterbury, Connecticut
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Saw a good play but the staff needs to tune up”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went to see A Christmas Story which I really liked. I love watching the movie every year and all the good pieces that make the movie memorable were in there and the kids did such a great job. We arrived 20 minutes before the show only to find a long line snaking down the block. The doors weren't even open yet. Instead of walking a block away we waited in front for the doors to open. When the doors finally opened they were taking the people in line only into the theater or so they would tell certain people. We waited about 15 minutes for the line to finally end so we could go in but it hadn't ended. We watched some late comers being directed to the end of the line but there were groups of people who would walk up and enter without waiting and they said nothing. We finally just walked in after seeing a group of 6 "cut the line". We just about made it to our seats before the lights dimmed to start. The play started 5 minutes late but there were still a lot of people coming in so it was noisy and disruptive with the ushers shining their flashlights around and people moving. If they opened their doors earlier or took people in quicker it would have been more organized. There was a loud argument 5 rows behind us which resulted in police being called after people went out to get an usher. To me an usher or manager should be on an issue like this before it gets that disruptive. As I was leaving there were 3 women taking about the row in front of them that talked through the whole play and stood up and put their coats on before it ended. They were upset that after they mentioned it to the usher at intermission they did nothing about it. I understand that people can be rude and not have theater manners but to me thats what the managers and the ushers are there to handle. I would rather see rude loud people removed from a theater then have to deal with them ruining the experience for the entire production.

kapitman
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A Christmas Story the Musical:Great show based upon my Favorite Christmas movie!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a great show based on my favorite Christmas movie of all time. If you like the movie, you will really enjoy the musical! All of the bits from the movie are in the show. This would become a holiday tradition for me if I lived in NYC!

Visited November 2012
Roanoke, VA
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Very good show. Excellent performers”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm not much of a "musical" guy, but will have to admit that this show was very entertaining. The performers were excellent and the production was very entertaining. Would highly recommend this if you're in NYC during the holidays.

Visited November 2012